SAU Community

HKS Adjustable Cam Gears.....

Probably too late, but just in case you haven't had them installed already.

1. If you plan on putting them in, you may as well while the timing belt is being done. However, if your short the dough, then don't worry, because they can be installed in about 30 minutes without taking the front end off. It is possible to take just the cover off and change the cams gears without removing anything else.

2. You don't need to dyno them right away. leave them on zero, or add 2 degrees advanced on the inlet and 2 degrees retarded on the exhaust. Then wait until you have some more major changes to the car and get the whole thing dynoed at once.

3. Basically the gears will affect the characteritics of the engine, but not give you more. You can set it up for more torque and have it come on earlier, at the sacrifice of top power, or vice versa. They are not magic horsepower makers, they just give you more tuning options.

My two cents, hope it helps.

FYI, I'm running 4 advanced on inlet and 4 retarded on exhaust. I prefer toque to KW but I dont' go too far because I don't like to make too much smoke and I like a good idle.

Hey Fatz, I'm going through drift withdrawls! When are you heading out to the track next? I've got some tyres that need a little off the top. They are eager to show their steel belted underwear!