SAU Community

1st gear lag (stock rb25 turbo)

Kaido_RR

hey,

Just got my fmic install and now are able to run 0.8bar of boost (12PSI) but now if 1st gear i get abit of lag the car doesnt kick in full boost tiill between 3500/4000rpm. The car is a s1 rb25det, my turbo has always been abit of "we arnt to sure what it is"

i know for sure it is BB and does look like the front is stock but possable be a hybird with a vg30 or vg20 rear end.

my mods are; exhuast (stock dump), air filter, fmic, bov, fuel-pump, and ebc

is this normal? i made only 212.7rwhp @ 12psi in shootout mode, there is no boost spiking, many similar modded r33 in perth can make from 220 to 240rwhp

thanks michael

id get another dump pipe and a hi flow cat if u dont already have one, i installed mine and it spooled up alot quicker...apart from that not to sure...

i made 150rwkw with 11psi, full exhaust, air filter so id say a dump would help rid that gas quicker...

ben...

hey,

Just got my fmic install and now are able to run 0.8bar of boost (12PSI) but now if 1st gear i get abit of lag the car doesnt kick in full boost tiill between 3500/4000rpm. The car is a s1 rb25det, my turbo has always been abit of "we arnt to sure what it is"

i know for sure it is BB and does look like the front is stock but possable be a hybird with a vg30 or vg20 rear end.

my mods are; exhuast (stock dump), air filter, fmic, bov, fuel-pump, and ebc

is this normal? i made only 212.7rwhp @ 12psi in shootout mode, there is no boost spiking, many similar modded r33 in perth can make from 220 to 240rwhp

thanks michael

What ben said, dumpipe will help with turbo spool up and will give you a power increase that is noticable.

You will have to re-set the boost again as it will be different when the exhaust is flowing properly with out back pressure.

Have you got any picture's of the turbo ?

Don't worrie about the car's in perth they seem to have different results to comapred to the results over the east side.

:)

Jun