SAU Community

Undercar Nightclub!

MirKz

Hey all,

just thought i would let you all know......

I bought some underbody LED neons for my car and have installed them last weekend. They look sick :)

mwahaha

you shall all see what they look like on fridays cruise if u go.

mwahaha

:flamed: let the flaming begin :flamed:

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

each to their own opinions, which is why i got them. i personally love the look of neons (mmm neon glow :cheers:) But i HATE them on anything Aus made. If its on those i think they look utter sh@thouse. but yeah it looks good on imports. in my opinion. And yeah, ive set out to do the car up the way I like, with the things that I think looks good. Im not gonna modify MY car to suit someone elses opinions.

(and hey, i drive a N/A, cant exactly make it all that quick without spending stupid amounts on the car. So i will just have fun with this car until i can get myself a 34 GT-T)

But having said that...

It has On/Off, Speed (something like 5 different speed settings), Change (Change, obviously changes the display shown under the car, a line of neons on the control box itself displays what is happening under the car. Look quite good i thought.

MirKz,

Good on ya mate. Since the lights are an external 'look at my car' feature. You don't see them yourself being inside the vehicle whilst you drive so the effect is hardly for yourself. Rather you have done it for what you hope it will do for others veiwing your car as it goes past.

Perhaps you hope that they will veiw you and your vehilce more favorably. Or create more oppertunites to engage in meaningfull conversations with others as they remark on your distinctive style. This is all very good and I can only encourage you to pursue further your real desire to be respected by which ever subculturual group it is that likes a car with neons and lights underneath.

thousands of people like the F'n'F movies, perhaps these are the people you want to reach out to?

If this is not accurate perhaps you like to pretend that your skyline is a space ship or something.People may laugh (we all need to laugh more) but, playing pretend is alot of fun afterall.

LoLz....most young people like neons. Generally, the older citizens of this nation do not appreciate them as much. Pehaps the "subcultural" group he is trying to gain the attention of are the youth of today, and not that of the older, more mature generation? :cheers:

i hardly think that flaming the f*&k outta someone about a trivial topic like this is very fair, we all have our opinions. and yeh i like the look of the car, i like knowing theyre on the car, adding a "little" different effect to what everyday driven cars have, (ie. without it). If people look at them and like the look of them, thats great too.

People all have different tastes when it comes to cars. I didnt say u had to like it or anything, its something ive wanted to do to a car for a while now and i decided i might aswell get it out of my system and do it on this car seeing as though i wasnt gonna be able modify the nuts off of it and make it quick or anything, so i thought, farkit i will just have some fun.

Believe it or not, some people DO actually like the look of it. It doesnt make you go fast, look fast and doesnt say your trying to BE fast. theyre just there, and theyre there because i think they look good on imported cars and like to see it on other cars when im driving along, so having it on my own car was something that was eventually gonna happen.

I respect that you dont like them by all means, i can understand it can look "Ricey" etc, but all i ask is that you respect me for my decisions i have made with my car, and respect the fact that i like neons, regardless if theyre ricey according to you or your peer group. Hell half of my mates think the same, but its just something i wanted on my car, so i did it.

The same reason you have done specific things with your car. (i dont know what you have done or not, but im sure there would be something that someone else would disagree with, but you did it cause its YOUR car, YOU wanted to do it.)

Don't take my comments as a discouragement. I actually agree that you should do what you like to your own car. However do understand that if you post a thread like this on a discussion forum you invite other differing opinions. If people say dissaproving things then thats what you have really asked for posting this up. After all you don't need people to say 'good on you' about something you have already said you did for yourself and no one else. Unless you need people to affirm you, I say we all do but, you don't find these people on a forum necessarily.

Neons look good on imports. Period. As i said, most young ppl like em. Older drivers don't. Every1 has their own opinion.

I can't say I've seen any surveys to indicate that. Why not start a poll on a few forums to find out?

I would suggest that in my experience both young and old find them less than attractive at the same time as some young and old people like them.

The line of sepparation occurs along the performance and knowledge areas of someones background, I am guessing here. Most guys even under 20's who are performance enthusiasts would knock back neons. On the other hand young people who are after a car for an image and are caught up in fads more readily go the neons.

I am interested why neons only look good on imports? Did you know the first applications were on show cars for the display of their imaculate and detailed undercarrages/drivelines? Mostly on what you might call 'trev' cars.

I too believe both young & old both dislike/like neons.

Sure SOME people may do it for a fad or image thing, and i would say that yeah it may include me into the image side of it, not really a fad, as the f&f movies have long since come and gone. I WOULD buy a performance part over it probably, if i had a turbo car and the money i would spend would actually do something to improve performance.

its sort of like a blow off valve, some people think theyre just show off bits, but yeah some dont

I can't say I've seen any surveys to indicate that. Why not start a poll on a few forums to find out?

Now that's just getting SAD.

We all have our own opinions, lets leave it at that. Conducting surveys and what not is just going overboard.