SAU Community

Hankook K104's

MON002

i have them, there is a review on here somewhere, do a search for it.

i've done 3 track days and nearly 15,000ks on them and they are still fine, maybe 50% tread.. hard to tell... road noise is fine. Good road tyre. i have 255/35/18's

i have them, there is a review on here somewhere, do a search for it.

i've done 3 track days and nearly 15,000ks on them and they are still fine, maybe 50% tread.. hard to tell... road noise is fine. Good road tyre. i have 255/35/18's

hey what size rims? 18x??

I run 235/40/18 fronts and 265/35/18 rears. Currently have about 15-18,000kms on them and they seem to be holding up fine, heaps of tread left. No track time on them yet but for the money they are pretty good. No louder than any other street tyre I've used in the past.

Z.

• 6 months later...

Just bought four 235/45 17" Hankook K104s, since everyone is raving on about this particular tyre.

I havn't yet tested them in wet conditions but they seem like a very comfortable drive, and arn't noisy.

Got them from Jax, rang a few different stores and they all varied in prices! some had the tyres for $30 more!.. Got them for $169 each after some negotiations biggrin.gif also did my wheel alightment front and rears.

Seems like a good tyre so far.. they are rated Y grade and have silica compound too!

I run 235/40/18 fronts and 265/35/18 rears. Currently have about 15-18,000kms on them and they seem to be holding up fine, heaps of tread left. No track time on them yet but for the money they are pretty good. No louder than any other street tyre I've used in the past.

Z.

What did the 265/35R18's cost per tyre if you dont mind?

• 2 weeks later...

When i bought my hankook ventus k104s the guy at the shop said hankook had been doing a lot of work to improve their sidewalls.

Mine have lasted 20000 kms very well so far, and ive hit many a pot hole.

ive heard tyre places that sell Khumo's say they are crap! but ive driven on the ecsta supra's and the k104's, and i have to say that for the price of these tryes, both brands perform extremely well, and by no means are you going to jump up and say "these are cheap tyres!" if someone handed you the keys to the car without telling you what tyres are on the car.

Hi Guys,

I have heard great reviews on this tyre and thinking of getting this sometime this week.

I do have a few questions tho. Sorry to steal the thread!

I have 18x8.5 for fronts, 18x10 for rears. For rears, i was thinking of getting 265/35/18. But for the fronts should i get the same sidewall size ie should i get xxx/35/18.

Would having a different sidewall at the front and back, ie, fronts being 40 and rear being 35, make a big difference esp to the tacho, mileage and handling?

The two sizes in 35s i was looking at were, 225 and 245. And in 40, there is 235/40/18.

What would you guys recommend? Would it make a big difference in terms of steering between 225 and 245?

Thanks heaps in advance guys,

:)

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Guys,

I have heard great reviews on this tyre and thinking of getting this sometime this week.

I do have a few questions tho.  Sorry to steal the thread!

I have 18x8.5 for fronts, 18x10 for rears.  For rears, i was thinking of getting 265/35/18.  But for the fronts should i get the same sidewall size ie should i get xxx/35/18.

Would having a different sidewall at the front and back, ie, fronts being 40 and rear being 35, make a big difference esp to the tacho, mileage and handling?

The two sizes in 35s i was looking at were, 225 and 245.  And in 40, there is 235/40/18.

What would you guys recommend? Would it make a big difference in terms of steering between 225 and 245?

Thanks heaps in advance guys,

;)

I recommend 235/40/18 on the front and 265/35/18 this makes the overall diameter of the wheels the same therefore your speedo will remain unchanged and your steering is not too heavy. It is the perfect tyre setup for a skyline.