SAU Community

...... I think I'm going to cry

myr332

It's never a good thing seeing a grown man cry..... but I think it just might happen today.

Some &%$# wipe ran into the back of me on Epping Road this morning. Entire rear bar is %$@#ed, he pushed me into the person in front of me so my headlights and front bar is also equally in a state of need-for-repair.

Basically .. she's a cosmetically sick car :mad:

Oh, and I'm not sure yet but I think my exhaust might be bent...

Can anybody provide a good place for a panel beater that they have had good experiences with? I might have to get my muffler / exhaust tip replaced (i don't think it has damaged the exhaust properly).

Any suggestions I would appreciate. I'm going to need to source some parts as well and I feel I might be better off sourcing the parts myself. Any thoughts on that point?

:bs!:

:cheers:

Got any pics of the carnage? D:

Sure do... It looks worse in real life but this at least gives an indication.

The panel beater thinks it will take 4 weeks to repair. He believes getting parts for it will be tough.

Any way to get the parts quicker?

your insurance will be liable for the damage caused to the car in front, i'm sorry to say - you'll have to foot the bill for the damage to the car in front.

they will argue that the gap was not far enough away from the car in front.

i could be proved wrong but I'm pretty sure you will be pushing sh*t uphill in a wheelbarrow to try and get the insurance company for the car that hit you to pay for the damage to the 3rd vehicle.

your insurance will be liable for the damage caused to the car in front, i'm sorry to say - you'll have to foot the bill for the damage to the car in front.

they will argue that the gap was not far enough away from the car in front.

i could be proved wrong but I'm pretty sure you will be pushing sh*t uphill in a wheelbarrow to try and get the insurance company for the car that hit you to pay for the damage to the 3rd vehicle.

I know what you're saying although from what I have heard so far, because I didn't hit the lady in front of me, yet I was pushed into her because of the guy running up the back of me that I should be okay. Besides, the lady had no damage. I had a look at her car and all she had was 1 scatch on her bumper bar of which I was able to rub off with my finger.

So that should be fine.. Although the small impact on her car f*&cked the front bar of mine. Dumb Mercedes...

I know what you're saying although from what I have heard so far, because I didn't hit the lady in front of me, yet I was pushed into her because of the guy running up the back of me that I should be okay.  Besides, the lady had no damage.  I had a look at her car and all she had was 1 scatch on her bumper bar of which I was able to rub off with my finger.

So that should be fine..  Although the small impact on her car f*&cked the front bar of mine.  Dumb Mercedes...

I was in a similiar accicent a few years ago, but was the car at the very front.

In my case the lady that hit me from behind wasnt liable because she was at a complete stop, and then was pushed into me by a car hitting her from behind.

So if you were completely stopped before you were hit from behind he should be fine. If not im sorry to say that you will probably be liable for the car in fronts' damage.

I was in a similiar accicent a few years ago, but was the car at the very front.

In my case the lady that hit me from behind wasnt liable because she was at a complete stop, and then was pushed into me by a car hitting her from behind.  

So if you were completely stopped before you were hit from behind he should be fine. If not im sorry to say that you will probably be liable for the car in fronts' damage.

So if a car is still moving and gets hit by another car and slams into another car, then the car that got pushed into the third car will have to pay for the third car's damage? Doesn't sound right to me. It should be the fualt of the person who caused the accident by hitting the car and pushing it into the third car.

front bar can be repaired pretty easy, or you can just buy a new one.

rear bumper will come straight off, im not sure where the screws are, but usually there are bolts that you get to from inside of boot on edges of bumper, there may also be ones on top of bumper, u may have to take out indicators to get to them. (i dont know, never worked on 33's b4)

you may have to replace indicators. hard to tell from pics, doesnt look like there is damage to the boot lid or brake lights

i'd say first step is to remove the rear and front bumper and rear indicators. and then you check for damage to the cars frame, with luck you may just be able to straigh replace the panels - that's probably easiest option, but if frame is damaged, they may not line up properly, which means you'll have to take it to a panel beater and get them to fit it.

check the for sale section.

if exhaust is bent should be easy to fix, just take it to an exhaust place, you could also take the muffler off and just take that, or fix it yourself with a hammer!

this shows how rear bumper all goes together...

r33rearbumper.jpg

hope this helps

So if a car is still moving and gets hit by another car and slams into another car, then the car that got pushed into the third car will have to pay for the third car's damage? Doesn't sound right to me. It should be the fualt of the person who caused the accident by hitting the car and pushing it into the third car.

It doesnt sound right but thats the way it is, at least in rear enders. According to the insurance company, you should have left more of a gap to the car in front of you. But if you are stopped, noone can tell you that you havent left enough space, as you arent moving.

This has been the case for me as well as 2 other people i know.

sorry to hear that dude, i smashed my car up awhile ago and i went to vision they sorted everything put pretty quickley. i also 2 weeks later ran up the back of someone. luckly they didnt run into on coming traffic or the person in front of them.

If u were pushed it isnt your fault so dont pay a cent, the persone who hit you is 100% to blame and will pay 100%...

I was also hit Up the rear yesterday pushing me into someone, Initial quotes are looking at a write off, so does anyone have a Nice 4 Door R33 turbo they are selling?!?! :P

Im pretty f'n cut. Front and back looks ugly, and me and my dad are real DIY people so its hurting extra hard.