SAU Community

HR31 PassageGT - silvertop, manual - cheap [QLD]

It's pretty painful to have to do this, but unfortunately due to current financial difficulty I think I have to. There is just not enough room in my wallet for two project cars in my life at the moment :)

That said, that I'm not desperate to sell unless I get what I'm after.

1985 HR31 Skyline Passage GT

* Munroe shocks rear

* White

* ACDthree (Nissan sports) mudflaps and boot spoiler

* 3" exhaust straight through

* RB20DET silvertop engine in good condition

* 5 speed manual (rb20 gearbox in EC).. clutch in GC.

* Speco boost gauge.

* Aircon works a tiny bit, will need new gas.

* Electric everything that even most of the newer models don't have - this includes seats, elec windows x 4, mirrors, cruise control, auto lights on dark, power steering, etc.

* S3 front bar

* S3 import rear

* IRS rear end with early HICAS setup

Rabbiting on starts here...

The good..

The car drives quite nicely, and pulls fairly hard for a close to stocker. The exhaust sounds awesome on it, and it really gives a killer RB note that will put a smile on your face.

These usually come standard with a rather tired and old "redtop" 2L engine. The engine, gearbox and ECU have been swapped out of an R32 and it looks like a professional conversion. The price of just the box and engine alone would set you back probably around $2000.

Heaps of room all around for daily commuting - and hey its still got 4 doors! Interior is blue.. nice and plush and IMHO nicer than some of the latter Passage trim.

Paint is still excellent. No big rust spots. Few minor pin dents that can be easily repaired.. or choose a colour and still have change from $10k.

Now the issues that I know about...

There is some problem with the handbrake assembly in the LHS hub. Probably an easy fix, but haven't had time to fiddle with it. If not I can probably point you in the right direction for a new one.

The front shocks are completely sponged. You're looking at about $500 for a nice pair of Koni adjustables for the front (The Shock Absorber Reconditioners will be able to sort you out there), or you can go a bit cheaper and get some KYB's.

Extras...

I'm also throwing in a 95% tread pair of 15" Sawa tyres (current rear tyres are bald)

Price..

$4600 ** SOLD ***

Basically I am selling this car "as is" for that price. It will probably need a few minor things for Roadworthy, and registration. But if you're willing to put a few hours in and do some running around, it's still a good price and a great project. For somewhere about $5.5k you can have it all running around nicely, which is several thousand dollars less than what a good Passage usually goes for, or anything with a silvertop RB20DET for that matter :)

Can probably organise transport to your state for around $300 or so, but you'd probably want to fly up and check it for yourself. A weekend trip to the goldcoast is a good as excuse as any.

This is a chance to own a nice japanese classic in good condition - you get as much looks driving this as a pimped up R33 or R32. Make a great daily driver, or do it up into something unique that is pretty damn orginal - there would probably be less than 50 (?) Passage's in QLD. Black tint, nice 17" rims and you've got a real attention grabber.

[email protected]

mobile: 0417 016 326

Here are a heap of shots...

1332rearangle01.jpg

1332side011.jpg

1332frontangle011.jpg

1332newfront02.jpg

1332centerconsole.jpg

1332seat2.jpg

1332dash01.jpg

1332engine02.jpg

1332backseats.jpg

Today just converted the front to the more modern Series3.. Just needs the proper import GTS grille for the proper import look at the front..

Price is only $4600 with the new front!.

Everybody who has been in this car is impressed by it.. something different and goes nearly as hard as an R32

1332newfront02.jpg

1332newfront01a.jpg

1332windowsdown.jpg