SAU Community

Pics of my JZX100 [huge pics 56K warning]

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ahhhhhh so thats what you went and bought....

Knew you couldn't resist the urge to import again   :)

Very nice car dude

Do you have it yet? On road etc?

Hey Ian,

Good to hear from you. How's the car going?

I wasn't going to import again, but as you said, I couldn't resist it. I'd always wanted a Chaser and when I saw the one near Nine Ways I knew I just had to get one.

I haven't got it yet, it'll probably be quite a while until it does get here.

Cheers,

Michael

cars going pretty damn good.

haven't really done much to it as yet do to huge moeny constraints and my wife wanting to go hols :)

just fixed up the interior really.

cracked that ****in front bar on the weekend though :)

But I'm on the hunt for one not quite as low anyway.

Glad to hear another 100 on the road. The autos go hard! I have a 96 100 series in manual, way different car though! I know which chaser your talking about in newcastle. Congrats!

Cool. It's always good to meet other Chaser owners :D. I would have liked a manual, but couldn't get that and still get a 99 model. Sorry for the late response btw - My net has been down for 6 days now and I've only just resorted to dialup.

• 1 month later...

Well 3 that I know of if you count Tubby's JZX90 :). It's weird that Newcastle hasn't got more of them since we're such a big modified/sports car city. It feels like there are more Skylines here than locally delivered 200SXs and there are a lot of them. It'd be hard to guess the number of Chasers in Aus though, but I doubt it'd be over 1000. That will probably change soon enough.

I am looking into buying a 97 chaser, due to the fact that i want a manual. there are usually only about 2 or 3 manuals at auctions so colour is not a option, they are usually white or dark green. who did you guys import through, i was looking on j-spec.

i can see myself spending many dollars on TRAUM parts, those gattling gun h/lights, crystal tail lights and indicators, lip spoilers to say the least. They also have the only tube manifold i have seen so far and front pipe. I was going to respray the car black, but the traum gold is really growing on me

traum.JPG

Hey. I just got a '96 manual, and yes, it was white. well, pearl. i saw one next to a white civic, and they look different. anyway, i went through imports 101.

www.imports101.com.au

they were good. took a while to find a manual, but persistance pays off. my chaser is coming (eventually) and i cant wait to get it.

yeah they are not like over the top altezza style, they are just clean plain clear lights.

Looking on imports101, cost of a 97 manual <80K KM would cost 20-28K odd landed in oz then after compliance and rego would be roughly 30-35K.

Is that about right to you guys that have bought one.

Prices vary, but buying a manual seems to add quite a bit to the price. In the end I just couldn't justify it. When I was first looking I made up a spreadsheet of all the selling prices for the last year and I found that it would be up to 400,000 Yen more to get a manual over an auto. The earlier you go, the less the difference was though. 2000 model manuals go for ridiculous amounts.

High 20s should get you a 97 manual I'd say.

I completely agree, when i was looking at the auction prices over a year ago, the difference between an auto and manual was 400k yen. Too high a premium i think, but others dont think so.

I paid around $25-26k at the end of the day for mine on the road and everything, and i went thru Prestiege (same with my previous R33). Good service and a lot of cars to choose from. My car was actually bought after it passed in at auction and we negotiated with the buyer directly. Very happy with it all. Except for the time taken to ship and complaince, but that is always the case! :wassup:

I have to say tho, that the Auto is not too bad at all, just waiting to drop the PFC in and tune it so i can change the shift points around :D

I just finished adding a Blitz SBC i-D on mine (still need to sort out some issues tho) so ask away with the questions! :(

haha I've got the PFC, but I'm waiting for the car :( I got the boost control kit for it so it'll be interesting to see how your SBC i-D goes. I've got no idea how far you can turn the boost up on these cars. I read on some Japanese site that one guy was running 1.1 Bar, but I've got no idea if that is safe or not.

BTW I bought mine by negotiating with the buyer after the auction had closed too.

i was just looking and they had a 97 auto 50K KM for $18,500 landed.

and a 97 manual 95K KM for $17,900 landed

so yeah it seems that high Km manual the same price as mid-low km auto's.

I already know what i am getting, HKS2835 proS and all the associated stuff PFC incl..

DOJOBI: I was hoping to get 270rwkw at 1-1.1Bar and 300rwkw+ at 1.5bar. but i think i have heard that the 1jz's don't really like much above 1 Bar but i'm not 100% sure.

Those are quite good prices. I've never taken any notice of the mileage on imports, so I don't know what sort of impact it makes on the price. In fact, I wouldn't have a clue how many km my Chaser has done. I just don't trust Japanese odometers at all :(

A 2835 is a good match for the VVTi 1JZ. I was considering a GT-RS for mine (WAAAY in the future though - I've got no money any more :D). I'd say your power estimates are quite achievable though.

hey, when you guys figure out how to make them go faster, can you post it? i only just got into a groove of how to do it to skylines, then i go and buy a chaser.

Silver_r33: What colour is your Chaser, and have you taken the spoiler off??? Its jsut i was in 'berra on the weekend and saw a pearl/white one in a carpark. looked unreal. esepcially next to a civic. hehe.

i my chaser has 92k kms on it, (thanks for dojobi, i wonder if thats real :() and its manual. i got that for mid 20's, on the road.

hehe sorry about that. They're probably real km if it's close to 15,000 a year or so.

I just checked mine - 73,000km. That seems a little low to me, but I'm so paranoid about import odometers :(

hey, when you guys figure out how to make them go faster, can you post it? i only just got into a groove of how to do it to skylines, then i go and buy a chaser.  

Silver_r33: What colour is your Chaser, and have you taken the spoiler off??? Its jsut i was in 'berra on the weekend and saw a pearl/white one in a carpark. looked unreal. esepcially next to a civic. hehe.  

i my chaser has 92k kms on it, (thanks for dojobi, i wonder if thats real :D) and its manual. i got that for mid 20's, on the road.

Yeah thats mine! Removed the spoiler cause it looks so much better without it. Just have to get it resprayed in the factory colour which is proving hard to do.

Some nice rims and a FMIC and i'll be set for 220Kw and some sweet cruises :(