SAU Community

R33 Running 12psi with fmic ... Safe???

I am close to buying a 95 model GTS-T. It is running 12psi with 3" catback, hks pod and hybrid cooler? Just wanting to know is this safe? I am not to worried about it just double checking.

Also does anyone know on average how much power it would be putting out?

(Getting very excited about owning my own SKYLINE!!!!!) :P :headspin:

Each turbo is differant, some wheels fly off at std boost while others still hang on at 16psi (i know of a car that has been running 16psi for at least a year). Really it is the luck of the draw, i have been running about 13psi for two years and have had no issue with turbo or smoke.

ive been running 12psi for about a year having done plenty of dyno runs, and the mechanics reckon the turbo is very strong..

i agree, its really just luck but i wouldnt want to run much more than 12-13psi on the stock turbo

ive been running 12psi for about a year having done plenty of dyno runs, and the mechanics reckon the turbo is very strong..

i agree, its really just luck but i wouldnt want to run much more than 12-13psi on the stock turbo

The guy had the funds put aside for a HKS turbo, so he increased the boost, programmed the ecu and completed a dyno, making sure all was good. The turbo just was a freak, made 210rwkw on the same dyno i made 185rwkw (@12-13psi).

What is the max boost u can go to with standard intercooler and turbo?  8?  cause 5 is norm isnit it?

Your standard boost solenoid opens at 4500rpm to move boost from 5 to 8psi so you could run 10psi safely. To be on the safe side you should wait till you get a front mount before you wind the boost up.

would a 600x300x75 FMIC be over kill for a Garret T3/TO4 turbo? just asking since there isn't alot of room in the front of skyline - compared to an S15.

would a 600x300x75 FMIC be over kill for a Garret T3/TO4 turbo? just asking since there isn't alot of room in the front of skyline - compared to an S15.

I dont think that its overkill at all for that turbo. The front bar needs to be trimmed forward quite a bit though to fit it in. :D

I'm running that ic with my std turbo.