SAU Community

RB26/30 rebuild question

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would drilling and tapping slightly thicker cradle bolts make the rb30 cradle any stronger?

the tourqe that is avaliable from the rb30/26 as compared to the rb26 motor is that you will make torque and power earlier on in the rev range so there is no need for it to rev as hard as a rb26.

And the rb25 has less capacity and is a step down from the rb26/30 or rb26 all together in terms of the power that is possible with the stock crank and cradle support.

I am still a neewbie when it comes building motors,so take it easy. :P

That's an RB30 block with the standard cradle......

RB30_Block_1.JPG

:D

Saw you racing on TV at Wakefield. Pretty cool class by the looks of it. On the track you looked a bit radical though. What the hell's going on with your car?

Would drilling and tapping slightly thicker cradle bolts make the rb30 cradle any stronger?

the tourqe that is avaliable from the rb30/26 as compared to the rb26 motor is that you will make torque and power earlier on in the rev range so there is no need for it to rev as hard as a rb26.

And the rb25 has less capacity and is a step down from the rb26/30 or rb26 all together in terms of the power that is possible with the stock crank and cradle support.

I am still a neewbie when it comes building motors,so take it easy. :devil:

There is not enough width in the main bearing saddle to handle larger diameter bolts. We use ARP studs, stronger than bolts.:D

Hi guyz !!! Do you know wat's the best turbo setup for RB26/30 for achieving 800hp ?  

I am planning to get T04Z ball bearing... Any advise or recommendation ?

T04Z is the way to go

nd4spd is back ... twin t04z

50km old engine run in tune no timing or anything

799.9 rwhp!!

ALOT more to come from it

BK are you basing your opinions on solid facts or what you have read Martin Donnan believes in HPI???!!!!! I have developed a system to adapt the gtr sump to the rb30 motor that if anything would be stronger than the standard way it is done on an rb26. On my own engine I am also running vacuum pump, a custom made girdle strengthner( retaining the stock girdle) and ati are making me a custom billet steel 4 ring harmonic damper.

I hope to achieve out of my own build around 900hp at the engine rev it to about 8200rpm and do it for a while. Nizpro have made well over 1000hp on there rb30/36 but it threw a rod through the block so they only advertsied to what they believed was the highest level safely and that was around 1000hp!!! After having talked with JUN and Veilside believe me any RB making over 1000hp has its fair share of problems, while rb30s have a major harmonic vibration at around 7.500RPM the Rb26 has the same at 9.200RPM and the same factors have to be faced in overcoming this and holding the engine together bearing wise once you start to rev the thing to make power.... You have to remember a rb30 at 7.5K is equal to the volumetric displacement of air as a Rb26 at 9K.... The problems the japs have with making that much power out rb26's is the revs place unbelievable loads on the valvetrain, veilside rebuild everything in the head every time they give there cars with over a 1000hp a full power run....

Mate it can be done but without sound engineering and mechanical knowledge it is really going to cost you an arm and a leg and maybe more, the trick will be finding someone to do it....

This might be stupid and just obvious but with high power engines, if you don't drive them hard, won't they last almost as long as a stock motor?

How's this situation:

Say you're going on a long drive - just take it real easy....... granny driving it

The rest of the time, well..... like you usually do :) or should be doing.

Well after talk to Keir Wilson at drag combat in Perth about std component strength and other issues. The biggest problem you'll will face is block strength in either the std rb26 or rb30 as i would think them quiet similar in strength. The quote that KW told me was that the std rb26 will break about 800hp (and even suggested not to go over 750hp if you wanting it reliable) And before you guys jump up and down yes they might more hp for a while but the thread was about reliable 1000hp and i think KW opinion should hold a bit of weight due to his expirence with this sort of motor.

So if your serious about a reliable big hp motor you will want to look at either GTR N1 GT block (think walled) or maybe the OS Giken 3 litre small motor.

my 2c

pete