SAU Community

Slamming your ride?

Hey guys,

I have a R33 and its sitting on 18" rims at the moment, and its been lowered already, however problem is already is that the strut in the front is like liturally 2cms off the wheels (and its not even that low) how can i lower it more, without this hitting the rubber??

Also, who does complete custom jobs in lowering (or who knows of some type of springs that will put the rear wheels in the arch)

Thanks guys

Dayne

Hey guys,

I have a R33 and its sitting on 18" rims at the moment, and its been lowered already, however problem is already is that the strut in the front is like liturally 2cms off the wheels (and its not even that low) how can i lower it more, without this hitting the rubber??

Also, who does complete custom jobs in lowering (or who knows of some type of springs that will put the rear wheels in the arch)

Thanks guys

Dayne

You're car is already basically on the rubber, yet you want to lower it more? If anything, I'd be considering raising it to stock height to make it practical. I know it looks way better, but it's pretty much inevitable that you'll have more problems the lower you go.

Its not even low thats the problem! I can still go up gutters (just) and i dont need to go side ways across speed humps (some anyways)

I asked for ideas, or ways around to getting it lower, there is no way im rasing it:)

First up what's the distance between the rubber and the guard? Is there a gap there still?

If so, how much of a gap?

If there's no gap between the guard and the rubber, dude...you're really low already...

hey fellas. He asked for advice on lowering it. not raising it. plus the bottom strut doesnt move. so 2cm is fine. it is no where near "basically on the rubber". and no its not a go-kart or a snow plow, its a skyline, a sports car, and some of might know that lowering a car's centre of gravity can increase handling potential. who said it was to look "full sik"?

Go the fully adjustable coilover option. That should get you the look your after. I had Apexi coilovers in my car, lowest point was 50mm off the ground, with the tires just tucking under the guards.

Do a coilover search; there are plenty of different brand options.

I got 18s on my 33 and they sit nicely but still have to watch it when goin over speed humps, driveways, etc..

Car came with Apexi suspension.. doesnt scrape the guards

my rubber is about a cm or so away from the strut

but its a couple or so from the fender

Im about to try and put a set of king springs, super lows that have been cut even lower on, see how we go... i only have 17's on my car, i think i have a ways to go yet before im scraping bigtime :D