SAU Community

Has anyone seen the GTS4 that's for sale in Launceston?

brods1675

and I'm not talking about mine. I suspect I'm having a bit of trouble selling mine as there's a bloke who is stuck with a race import GTS4.

He's got it in the paper for $7000 and is telling anyone who rings up that it isn't complianced yet, but can be registered. Just in case you aren't in the know - if it is imported as a race import in can never be registered under any circumstances. Probably very good buying if you want a car to race or rally, but that's all you can do with it.

You have been warned.

and I'm not talking about mine.  I suspect I'm having a bit of trouble selling mine as there's a bloke who is stuck with a race import GTS4.  

He's got it in the paper for $7000 and is telling anyone who rings up that it isn't complianced yet, but can be registered.  Just in case you aren't in the know - if it is imported as a race import in can never be registered under any circumstances.  Probably very good buying if you want a car to race or rally, but that's all you can do with it.

You have been warned.

Not completly true about not being able to register it, yes you can not get full registration on a K car but there are ways around it (LEGALLY) to get SI and roads approved registration on such a car. As for telling someone it can be passed and complied then they should know to do a vehicle/plate check on it before purchase to confirm this or more full them as they have too much money and deserve to be taken for a ride, no pun intended. I'll send ya a email brods about the car as i know someone that is interested in getting a GTS4 :rofl:

I understand you can get SI rego, but that's only good for 52 days a year. My sources are telling me that this seller is basically lying his @$$ off, so I don't want to see anyone get burned if they are new to imports. I suppose the question to ask would be - if it can be registered why haven't you already registered it? No hiding I also want to sell my car, but at least it has full rego.........

*edited by Slaz. If you would like details of brods' car, then please PM him or look for an ad in the For Sale section. Thankyou*

I understand you can get SI rego, but that's only good for 52 days a year.  My sources are telling me that this seller is basically lying his @$$ off, so I don't want to see anyone get burned if they are new to imports.  I suppose the question to ask would be - if it can be registered why haven't you already registered it?  No hiding I also want to sell my car, but at least it has full rego.........

*Edited by Slaz as well*

I totally agree with you there about the rego but as i said there are other ways around it (LEGALLY) i know a certain person who's daily driver came over originally as his race car and after talking with the right people and going by the book he got it passed with papers and its NOT SI registered. But after saying that i see your point about someone being new to imports and being taken for a ride, but like i said they should be doing a car/plates check before buying it anyhow to make sure in my opinion.

Used to be Kerry's car, he sold it to someone else for race use, now that person is trying to sell it. I know Kerry had someone ring him about the car and told him that the guy was saying it could now be registered etc etc.

Used to be Kerry's car, he sold it to someone else for race use, now that person is trying to sell it.  I know Kerry had someone ring him about the car and told him that the guy was saying it could now be registered etc etc.

Yep been told the same thing and when you ring the indiviual in person he will tell you the exact same thing as well, "yes it can be registered" :kick:

kerry always has a little money making venture on the go so that doesn't suprise me, I know he's got a few race imports and I believe more on the way. I've checked the phone number on the ad in the paper and it isn't his.

It was me that called Kerry, i was interested in the car but something made me click and i decided to trace its history. That guy is seriously not cool

Just so we are clear about this Kerry isn't selling this car. Kerry sold the car to this guy for race use, but it now seems that this guy isn't going to use it for race use and is trying to sell it to some unsuspecting punter. It is not Kerry selling the car.

It's this simple, if it can be registered why isn't it?

Just so we are clear about this Kerry isn't selling this car.  Kerry sold the car to this guy for race use, but it now seems that this guy isn't going to use it for race use and is trying to sell it to some unsuspecting punter.  It is not Kerry selling the car.

It's this simple, if it can be registered why isn't it?

I can vouch for that as i rang Terry when he first ahd the car, when i rang him back he had sold it to the other guy who is trying to sell it NOW. Got his number and rang him and he is passing it off as a car that is ready to cimply, throw some plates on and drive away. But like brods1675 is saying (and i believe this is the point to the thread) it can not be complied and regerested on Tasmanian roads as it was bought into Australia as a K car without slips. He doesn't want anyone to go and waste there money buying this car under the impression that it can be road legal for daily use. I have spoke with brods1675 about his car and he is a straight up shooter with nothing to hide and is just letting everyone and anyone know what some people out there are trying to do to make a quick buck.

Talking of people selling cars, besides myself, has anyone met the guy from Taroona who is advertising lots of different cars in the trading post each week? This week there's a truck, a 180sx, and R32 GTR and who knows what else.

Talking of people selling cars, besides myself, has anyone met the guy from Taroona who is advertising lots of different cars in the trading post each week?  This week there's a truck, a 180sx, and R32 GTR and who knows what else.

He sells on behalf and i know the man that brings it all in, VERY NICE GUY and always brings in/sells quality stuff :cheers:

I reckon the race import GTS4 must have sold.  It hasn't been in the paper for the last couple of weeks.  I wonder who bought it, hopefully they didn't get conned.......

Hopefully not, im sure we will hear something soon enough though

• 2 weeks later...
Hopefully not, im sure we will hear something soon enough though

Get this, a few weeks after the race imports disappears out of the paper a bloke rings me about mine that's for sale and says he's thinking about racing one! Obviously hadn't been reading the car classifieds for the last couple of months!