SAU Community

Fuel Type & Servicing on Service Sticker

Red Sky II

Picked up my Stagea yesterday after trading in the Skyline and was going through it more today. It is a 1998 Series II stock standard model.

Under the bonnet there is a service schedule sticker that states (amongst other things) that Fuel type is 95-96RON and oil changes, etc to be done every 10,000kms or 12 months.

What is everyone's opinion on this as I thought it was better to use 98RON fuel and using less could be harmful plus oil change every 5,000kms or 6 months?

Cheers, Al

More often u change the oil the better - 5000km definitely the way to go - and dont skimp on the brand of oil.

Fuel also aint worth the risk - even for a stockie throw in the the 98RON fuel and have peace of mind... but especially if you take it away from stock with a few mods :wassup:

:)

ps. another perth Stag... see u on a cruise anytime soon?

Picked up my Stagea yesterday after trading in the Skyline and was going through it more today.  It is a 1998 Series II stock standard model.

Under the bonnet there is a service schedule sticker that states (amongst other things) that Fuel type is 95-96RON and oil changes, etc to be done every 10,000kms or 12 months.

What is everyone's opinion on this as I thought it was better to use 98RON fuel and using less could be harmful plus oil change every 5,000kms or 6 months?

Cheers, Al

Hi Al, those are the MINIMUM requirements, remember good Jap mechanics charge like brain surgeons.:)

Thanks for the replies guys. I always used 98RON in the R33 plus oil changes every 5,000kms so no need to change - just when I saw the service sticker (the Skyline didn't have that) wondered if it was any different.

Yeah Brazen another Perth Stagea - how many does that make now?

I believe you saw the car at Autowholesale in Vic Park - the silver Series II?

Cheers