SAU Community

Car Insurance

michadoo

im just looking at some insurance options for myself to drive our skyline but was just wondering some of the companies everyone uses.

When my b/f & i purchased our Sky, we could only get insurance for him at the time. He has full comprehensive with Just Car - i dont think this will cover me, as he is 22 and im only just 18 last jan.

I dont have the cash to pay the insurance up front so need to pay it in monthly installments.

Can i get insurance through a different company than Just Car if its better? or do i need to get insurance with the same company??

Should the full comprehensive cover me??

We have a 95 R33 GTS-T Series 2

Any advice please!

Michelle

Yea if you have comprehensive atm with Justcars for your bf, then if he says he has a 2nd driver in the car aged under 21, then it should be ok. Thought the premiums and/or excess will be abit high too.

Have a look around other companies. Im with famous as Robyn actually rang me up to organise insurance after i made a internet quote, just cars didnt and they IMO werent so good.

Free windshield replacement every year with famous :P

i'm wit just cars but yea i think u shud look at Famous & Classic as they mite be able to add u on da insurance & they also do have the pay as you go monthly option! umm I think Shannons do that too but i can bet ya that they will never let u add on as they have some very stringent policies, they also knocked me bak coz I'm 20 so well there u go!!! Good luck... :P

Yea if you have comprehensive atm with Justcars for your bf, then if he says he has a 2nd driver in the car aged under 21, then it should be ok. Thought the premiums and/or excess will be abit high too.

Have a look around other companies. Im with famous as Robyn actually rang me up to organise insurance after i made a internet quote, just cars didnt and they IMO werent so good.

Free windshield replacement every year with famous :(

spot on mate.

thanks heaps for all the help! i dont know where but i got told somewhere that we had to have seperate insurance cause of the ages but what u guys are saying makes alot more sence.

Free windshield replacement every year! im impressed! probably too late to change over to Famous now, seing how ben has already paid for full compre. for the year i guess it would be a waste?

thanks heaps again!

I think isnt there some 14day thingy where u can choose not to go with the policy?

You can always get Ben to cancel the insurance less some money, for the days he had insurance with Just car and go with famous.

just cars is awesome. i got my payout after a write off in like 3.5weeks :cheers:

now i got my r32 rego'd with them and my NCB went up, and i my premium is only $1800 :cheers:

(car has A LOT of mods and all were declared)

u should be able to get both of u on the same policy it'll just bump the policy up because u r only 18, and u and your b/f would just have to split the difference, would probably be cheaper then having 2 policies, also how important is it to u to drive the car, 3000 is quite a lot to be able to drive a car,

just car is ***ed !!

I crashed my r33, there was about 7K damage, so it wasnt bad, it was towed to the smash repairer and it took 3 MONTHS !!! ***N 3 MONTHS !!! i payed about $800 for insurance while it was in the workshop !! ****ing pricks.

And to make it worse, cause my rims were from japan, they could scorse them so they gave me 800 for 2 of them. What the **** am i going to do with 2 rims.... and how the **** am i ment o buy a new set with $800..

JUST CAR INSURANCE SUCKS BALLS, as soon as my insurance contract runs out im going somewhere else. and to make it worse the guy i was talking to all the time was the biggest fag...

Assholes !

u should be able to get both of u on the same policy it'll just bump the policy up because u r only 18, and u and your b/f would just have to split the difference, would probably be cheaper then having 2 policies, also how important is it to u to drive the car, 3000 is quite a lot to be able to drive a car,

driving this car is pretty important to me lol so i dont mind paying as long as i know im going to be safe incase anything happens whether it be my bad or someone elses.

It was torture enough to have purchased the car and not be able to drive it cause i didnt have a valid licence at the time and didnt want to risk anything. now i got a valid one i dont want anything stoping me from driving our sky :)