SAU Community

Alarm and Immobiliser system - HELP!!

Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone could give me a hand with what would be a good alarm system for my R33.

I have got a price from northfield of $485 for a mongoose alarm with all the basic features (Australian Standards)

Also a price from JB of $450 for a Warlock alarm, again with all the basic features (Australian Standards)

Any advice towards other alarms, what you guys think are good. And do any of you have one of the alarms i have had priced on your car, what are they like etc.

Thanks

Give Chris Rogers a call on 0407102839. He's an authorised dealer for Mongoose and Mobile too. He just did my car 2 weeks ago which is the 3rd car he's done for me. No complaints, quality work. He's also on this forum and if you do a search on alarms you'll probably find his name popping up.

Cheers

Jon

I know a few people who use the Mongoose with no complaints whatsoever.

As far as I'm concerned, if it uses all black wiring, has shock sensors (or microwave sensor) and immobilises your car then I'm happy.

I dont have too much knowledge with the alarms.......why is black wiring an indication of a good system?? is it simply so a thief wouldnt know what wires to cut?