SAU Community

Air Filter which 1?

I like/use the K&N Panel Filter in the original airbox.

No loss of power, no annoying induction sounds like a pod and best of all its totally legal.

I had a K&N pod filter with chrome tip, was ok at the start but requires oiling every 50,000kms or so..

I would strongly suggest buying a filter which does not require oiling as my idle has stuffed up as a result of using one.. too much oil.. probli stuk in afm.. Anyways i bought a Blitz LM Filter and it works fine so far and has much less lag than the K&N.. Got it at Autobarn for $170..

Get the Blitz SUS LM the stainless mesh one, no need to oil, just take off and rinse with water =]

It also makes a ripper of a sound with a blowoff value like 'woosh' sound when you take your foot off the throttle :(

I have had both K&N pod and panel and I prefer the panel filter due to the fact its quieter and dosent require cleaning as much. Only get a pod if your going to setup some sort of cold air partition otherwise its just sucking in hot air from your engine bay.

Hope this helps.

Apexi pod filter here, nice sound from it can even hear factory BOV sound. And never need cleaning or replacing.. i think..

Read a comparison report somewhere, Apexi was best on flow and filter...

someonestolecc:

my blitz filter was on the car when i bought it so i dunno where you could pick one up from... try UAS or JustJap perhaps?

i havent had much experience with other pods but im very happy with the one i've got now :(