SAU Community

What's your favourite car doing the block?

brods1675

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha the poor bugger. I mean really how would you feel if you saw that your pride and dream was being bagged out by people you didn't even know knew of your car!

hahaha...it's hilarious!

I personally would build a bridge and cross it.. however if i owned an excel id probably jump off the bridge.

I personally would build a bridge and cross it.. however if i owned an excel id probably jump off the bridge.

That is ofcourse if the excel didn't fall apart before you made it to the bridge :uh-huh: :uh-huh:

• 3 weeks later...

All commodore taxi peices of shit, wankers with massive bullbars, mudflaps and 40,000 stickers on their rear windscreen driving utes, and excels with body kits. And i saw an excel with a v8 conversion at summernats last year.

• 3 weeks later...
not baggin out VK's with simmons are we timmy? LOL, my opinion, a set of nice wheels on a straight car turns heads. And i own a old car but would never put a new style wheel on my car, Blue HJ panel with like 17" five spokes, bad! :uh-huh:

Very true - I could go and get some shitty CSA/ROH/Performance/Speedy wheel pack to fit my car any day of the week, but as it stands I'm still looking for a good set of period correct (i.e 80's style), tasteful rims to suit my R31 coupe - its a boxy, 80's car, it should have 80's rims. I think I've found some 17" volk mesh though , very 80's gr. A touring car style.... And hopefully a GTS-R wing will be soon, which is massive, fibreglass and....... a factory option! Probably just as much FRP in it as some 2 foot tall monstrosity though..

A little bit of taste goes a long way, IMHO. I can't believe the previous owner of my car took the nice looking stock 15x6" alloys off to fit a rather ungracious looking set of 15x6.5" Auscar branded mags....

• 2 weeks later...

here's another nomination, and quite tragic because a nice car has been ruined. The red RX7 convertible, series 3 I think, in Launceston. Someone put a stupid big wing on the boot and an exhaust can that sticks out miles from the back bumper and looks dumb. Other than those 'modifications' it'd be a sweet looking car.

hahah, I'm mates with the red swift with white rims and the starlet with Alpine stickers.

Yeah, the starlet driver is a dwarf and didn't have alot of choices to which car he could drive because of the mods needed to make it driveable for him, I still don't like the stickers though.

That RX7 convertable!! It ended up in the ditch after drift day if anyone else saw? I heard it was pulling fishies and just span out and went down the bank. He was in town not long ago doing fishies up bathurst street.

I think the worst car I've seen would be one of the newest shape lancers in black, 16's or 17 inch chromes, about a foot of room between the arches and tire and about 5 go fast stickers on each door.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if its been mentioned yet, but was in the city today and parked in Liverpool Street behind a blue Hyundai Coupe FX... strange thing was, amoungst all the stickers on the car (all over it) were some pretty big and proudly displayed RalliArt stickers!

Mitsubishi don't have anything to to with Hyundai to they?... I remeber Kia used to buy engines from Mitsubishi years ago, but not Hyundai.

It also had what looked like 16 or 17" chromies, extremly low-performance tyres and standard issue 4WD suspension and a badge that said Supercharged!

A very proud owner I'm sure the person would be.

Not sure if its been mentioned yet, but was in the city today and parked in Liverpool Street behind a blue Hyundai Coupe FX... strange thing was, amoungst all the stickers on the car (all over it) were some pretty big and proudly displayed RalliArt stickers!

Mitsubishi don't have anything to to with Hyundai to they?... I remeber Kia used to buy engines from Mitsubishi years ago, but not Hyundai.

It also had what looked like 16 or 17" chromies, extremly low-performance tyres and standard issue 4WD suspension and a badge that said Supercharged!

A very proud owner I'm sure the person would be.

Actually Stu, I'm not certain on the current generations of cars, but the first two generations of Excels used Hyundai manufactured, licensed variants of Mitsubishi motors. The S-coupe's have turbo mitsubishi motors, quite similar to the Lancer GSR's I'm lead to believe.