SAU Community

I found a good cheap boost controller for $22!!!

Went like a champion all day at Wakefield park.

Boost didn't budge, no spiking either.

Didn't stop me from winning the prize for the biggest spinout of the day.

flat spotted all four tyres and didn't leave the blacktop.

Definitely boosts up quicker, really noticable on the track, lots more grunt on tap out of corners.....which probably led to the flat spot problem.

To people who know the track, I did it coming down the hill around the big right sweeper at about 130/140kmh.

Hooks

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all the feedback so far and help you give others as I know stuff all about skylines, other than I want one.

I use your valuable comments to improve the controller regularly..

Thanks again,

Mark

Hey Mark, deposited money into your account with ref. number and emailed you, but email was returned as a failure notice. Are you having problems with your server or what. PM me for deposit details

Thanks

Rick

I got mine working properly!!! Runs 8 lbs at the very lowest setting. The boost still creeps up to 12PSI at high revs though. Must be the dump pipe and the K&N pod that does this...

Happy though... :P

I got mine fitted today along with a boost gauge by my mechanic

I only had him boost it to 9psi and I was very happy with the results.

Not groundbreaking but theres definately an extra shove there.

I got used to the extra power so I pulled over and tried to adjust for higher boost by my mechanic put the lock nut too tight haha so couldnt increase.

Only drove home from work so far, but on full boost at 9psi the gauge read bang on 9 steady. Could only test it for a few seconds at a time because the *cough* speed limit *cough* comes up too soon!

Cant wait for the weekend to come!

Free plug for Unique Automotive at Villawood did a great install even wiring up my boost gauge wires for the funky lights which i didnt expect them to do.

Are you guys ditching your stock solenloid when going to this controller?

I'm starting my RB26 swap into my S13 next week. I don't have the stock solenoids. Is the computer gonna flip out and "rich 'n retard" on me without the stock controllers?

And do you think I could just "T" the lines and use just one of these controllers to operate both actuators? Seems like it would be better that way than to try and balance two controllers.

Are you guys ditching your stock solenloid when going to this controller?

I'm starting my RB26 swap into my S13 next week.  I don't have the stock solenoids.  Is the computer gonna flip out and "rich 'n retard" on me without the stock controllers?  

And do you think I could just "T" the lines and use just one of these controllers to operate both actuators?  Seems like it would be better that way than to try and balance two controllers.

Alright, I didn't realize there were so many pages to this thread already.

All my questions have been answer. If you guys want to see some pics of the install or completed car let me know. I don't know how you guys with the real thing (skylines) feel about us Mutant Wannabe's

Peace,

hey guys. can someone take some pics of there installation on a rb20. Installed one on a rb25 last night, which was straight forward, but i'm just puzzled as to the best way of installing this boost controller on an rb20. This would be much appreciated. Cheers.

it's even easier.

on the rb20 there is no controller.

a hose goes from the wastegate to the turbo compressor cover.

it is a small hose that curves over from one to the other.

you just need to plumb it in there.

i installed mine yesterday and had it running at stock boost. The ext wastegate spring is 7psi, and prior to installing the boost controller, my boost was 6psi constant. after installing it, boost went up to 8psi (the instructions say it will go up slightly), but then it started boosting higher and higher until the wastegate wouldnt open! i pulled it off and ran straight hose from turbo to wastegate, and now my boost is at 10psi. I dont understand how it can be at 6psi for 3 months, then go up to 10psi by itself?