SAU Community

I found a good cheap boost controller for $22!!!

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah your mechanic is shit!!! lol

Australian conditions...did you put pushrods in it while no one was looking...hehehe

Personal joke for those about to try and flame me...

I would comment on that if it weren't for the fact the 330 offset grind I built makes twice the horsepower my RB20 does....and it's NA.

My mechanic is very good looking I'll have you know. He is highly trained and educated in the finest schools. I think you would be very impressed by his general knowledge :)

Did I mention how awesome he is? You soooo want my mechanic to be your mechanic. Well you can't!!!

Edited by 3lit3 32

Emailed Mark tonight. Hopefully he'll get back to me soon. :D

A buddy of mine is using this on his RB20det and can't stop raving about how amazing it is.

So based on that and everything I've read here, DAM I want this. LOL.

Take care everyone and happy holidays. ;)

Cheers B)

can someone please explain to me how to set these up on an r33.....something that my mechanic will understand, as i dont:(......

cheers

pictures would help too, i have an r33 gts-t, and ive also used that high boost mode mod if that affects anything?

Can someone help me with this? I have an R34 GT-T and I know I have it setup right but this boost controller does'nt seem to work on my car... it builds boost up to the 12 psi I want... but then at 4.5k rpm-redline, it drops off down to 6psi... anyone know why this is? I've installed many many boost controllers and have never had a problems with this untill I've started using manual boost controllers on my cars.

I got one of these after seeing this thread too. The boost is up a little bit, i don't have an a/m boost gauge so I'm not sure what it's set too. :) It dosen't feel like much more than stock boost 7psi, but i don't want to touch it until I have got a gauge. Buying one off someone from here, but he hasn't got back to me after Nengun sent the wrong gauge, but I don't see the point in chasing it any more when I can probably get a new one for cheaper.

But in 5 days time my car is getting work done with a new turbo, ecu etc etc & will be well over 300rwhp, so I won't be able to put it up more because there won't be a need for it after that. I only bought it as a temporary power gain until my holidays. I will either give it to a mate or sell it for $10 lol

But even with a bit more boost it dosen't spike & holds it well, can't really go wrong for the price you get it for.

Can someone help me with this? I have an R34 GT-T and I know I have it setup right but this boost controller does'nt seem to work on my car... it builds boost up to the 12 psi I want... but then at 4.5k rpm-redline, it drops off down to 6psi... anyone know why this is? I've installed many many boost controllers and have never had a problems with this untill I've started using manual boost controllers on my cars.

I'd be betting that this is unrelated to the boost controller. Few things you can check:

1) Bov - make sure it isn't opening up when it shouldn't

2) Intercooler piping - Make sure that everything is connected properly and tight.

3) Exhaust - Make sure there isn't a blockage

4) Intake - Make sure the pipe isn't sucking closed.