SAU Community

Finally a decent time... and a Q

R31Nismoid

Finally run a half reasonable time

12.1 @ 111mph

but i have a question... last time with 200rwkw i ran a 12.90 with 200rwkw or there abouts.

now im up around the 300rwkw.

My time has gone almost a second up, yet my MPH hasnt changed one skeric really. Any ideas why that is?

I made a nice 1.90ft, same as my old 12.9 run was.

So they were pretty similar, jsut the times changed :headspin:

What mph was your 12.9?

12.1@111mph you must be getting of the line pretty quick!, i only ran 12.4@112mph when i went - and i have 4wd launch!

At Heathcote i was running 12.7@111 and i have around the 235rwkw mark. What was your half track speed? Should be around 87mph. Something sounds a miss even with a 1.9 60'. Are you sure you werent shutting down just before the line, Ive done that before.

What mph was your 12.9?

12.1@111mph you must be getting of the line pretty quick!, i only ran 12.4@112mph when i went - and i have 4wd launch!

oops, it was 109mph, and id run 110/111 just for times of 13.00/13.10 etc

my 660ft times was 9.3/80.7 mph... i wasnt backing off thats for sure.

I kept my foot in right past the little white checkers :rofl:

i went easy on the launch as the cars just burns the tyres if i try a decent one

my 660ft times was  9.3/80.7 mph... i wasnt backing off thats for sure.

I kept my foot in right past the little white checkers  :rofl:

i went easy on the launch as the cars just burns the tyres if i try a decent one

There is something wrong with that 660' time, your at least 1.0 off the pace and 8mph. Check it with your other runs at the 660' mark.

i pulled a 12.9 at 113mph with a pretty crap 60 foot of 2.2. was hoping for a low 12 but need better tyres. so if you pulled a 12.1 at 111mph shows my car has the power to get a low 12 :rofl:

even though u were taking "easy" on the launch...perhaps there was still too much wheelspin - certainly looked like it in first and second :rofl: u started hookin in third though...

still a sweet time dood - sounds awesome too :D

There is nothing wrong with the time, brilliant if you ask me, but the track speed doesnt represent 300rwkw. Terminal speed is a good indication of how much power you really have in the real world.

correction, stoopid a$$ me looknig at the wrong sheet

660ft was 8.00

mph/660 was 94.8=68

It has way more than it did wheni ran a 12.9, i seriosuly doubt there was another second in there back in its old form. I've changed nothing traction wise at all.

If anything the tyres are a bit older and crappier now than they were a year ago (12.9 @109mph/200rwkw)

I know the problem. :P

Well m yguess anyway is that the clutch was starting to struggle in the top gears, and what you though may have been wheelspin into 2nd nd maybe into 3rd was actually the clutch starting to give up...well perhaps a combination of both.

That night at Clader where you chopped me my clutch was getting worse with every run, by the end of th enight my mph had dropped 3-4mph when only running approx 200rwkws.

Anyway food for thought:)

with the power you claim your trap speed is way down might be an idea to run it up on a dyno just to double check maybe you have a problem ?. Your abit slow to the 660ft mark and you mph is down thing is your 60ft times aren't bad at all .

For whats it's worth I know my car is abit of a differen't kettle of fish but I have one of the slips here for a [email protected] and on that run went

660ft 7.837@91mph with a 1.8 60ft .

Also don't be fooled into thinking peak power dyno read outs are everything can you tell us abit more about the car and mods .

using 225 dunlop 3000A's :P

its definately got power, its insane compared to what it was when i ran the 12.9...

my 60ft time IMO could be heaps better as i was really not even mashing the pedal at all