SAU Community

Enter: Godzilla

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey, does anyone keep the space saver spare in the boot?

mine kind of sticks up a bit....also its 16" and my mags are 17"

HA HAR!, I have mags :), never been able to say that before

Nice one. Picked mine up Friday, purple R33 GTR and major surprises in the engine department. Basically fully worked at Racepace with Arias and Argus rods, just begging for a PFC. 250rwkw and steel turbo wheels. Stock 'puter but still will hit 125 in second if you clutch just right and allow it to roll a bit on the acceleration :).

hey topaz nice gtr :)

good luck and hope to see you on some cruises soon in my stagea rb26 :)

mines awesome to drive even though it weighs around 1850kg or more i reckon and even in 2wd i can get pretty decent traction on 235s with 350hp at wheels.

cant wait to get down the drags, hoping for flat 13, maybe high 12 if im lucky :crazy:

cant wait to get some runs against gtr's etc to compare :)

2530s r on the way anyway so its sure to go alright :uh-huh:

nice, were the Stageas out of the factory with the RB26?

at the moment the gearbox in my GTR feels a bit stiff when engauging 1st....and it bumps hard into 3rd...not good not good

but I will be at Hyperdrive for a dyno on the 18th to get some power down with the R34 turbos on board :)..... so I will ask a few questions then

EDIT: other things...it has a 5Zigen 3" Mandrel Bent exhaust (quiet :) ), FMIC (which I thought was stock at first)

it also has ticking injectors!, is that because they would be bigger injectors?...it doesn't seem to stop ticking!

Are they R34 N1 turbos or R34 GTR turbos?

Dunno!, probably just GTR turbo's...can't see down there very well, but I can see the big TT's, so they are Garrett's

Also what colour injectors?

Dunno!, do I find this out by taking the top cover off the top of the engine?, or is that just to see the spark plugs?

Glad they are on and running OK. I fitted a pair to the RB25 and it appears the front one shattered the turbine, wrecking cyls 1,2 and 3. They can last ages, or go with no reason but the ceramic GTR turbines are a time bomb.

you'll see the injectors to the right of the intake plenum, and should see a colour on the top ie. yellow

you dont need to take the rocker covers off ;)

no factory standard R8 or falcon should come close, especially from standing start!

Don't be too sure!

Tomaz, congrats on your buy. No mucking around for you eh? I like your attitude in regards to thinking that you're not invincible. It's better to think you will lose and when you win you'll get a pleasant surprise.

especially from standing start!

I've found the opposite from standing starts hey.. V8s such as SS Ute & FPV GT have been be reasonably even 0-100 but from then onward from 100 - 150 I've pulled past really fast. I did a couple rolling starts at 100km/h on freeway vs FPV GT & it was no match 'mine aint stock tho'. I like the fact skylines can rev to 7000 - 8000 rpm making great top end power allowing you to keep pulling past while the V8's are reving out too quick at lower speeds.

I've found the opposite from standing starts hey.. V8s such as SS Ute & FPV GT have been be reasonably even 0-100 but from then onward from 100 - 150 I've pulled past really fast.  I did a couple rolling starts at 100km/h on freeway vs FPV GT & it was no match 'mine aint stock tho'.  I like the fact skylines can rev to 7000 - 8000 rpm making great top end power allowing you to keep pulling past while the V8's are reving out too quick at lower speeds.

MarchGTR was talking about a GTR not a GTST. i.e. All wheel drive advantage on launches. True, I can only rev my car up to 6600rpm.

If you dont rev a gtr it wont launch, just bog down.

My mate just bought a brand new HSV clubbie 6 litre v8 LS2, and damn does it fly, launch or on the highway. Almost got me scared. Until I took him for a spin in my car and showed him :) Very different power delivery. If you dont rev a gtr, its an absolute pig, especially off the start

MarchGTR was talking about a GTR not a GTST. i.e. All wheel drive advantage on launches. True, I can only rev my car up to 6600rpm.

Yeah I know he was talking about AWD but I was just saying that because I’ve found the general thoughts out there from people is “Turbos are quick for launches & V8s are great for top end speed”. It was only until I put it into practice that I found exactly the opposite results.

Makes sense really that V8s are quick in lower speeds / revs because of large low end torque, & then they also have to carry all that extra weight which doesn’t help acceleration at high speeds.