SAU Community

This Weekends Events

Neil

June 14-16,,,,If i'm not mistaken it's Pikes Peak time,,,,Love to get some footage,,,,,,also Cart Racing from Portland and Moto GP from Catalunya. Looks like a late night Sunday and Monday.....

Neil:cool: :cheers:

CART bores me. I wish they had more Rally coverage. They should also get better coverage of the Le Mans series, and i wonder if broadcasting networks know if they could get great ratings with JTCC over here. Oh well. Motorsport is Motorsport. I'll be tuning in to whatever i can.

Who here likes the JTCC? I've found some videos on the net, but i lost them when the computer died a month ago. I'll try hunt them down again for those of you who like JTCC.

Ryan

Well, to see some real racing, the State Championships are on at Eastern Creek this weekend.

The real races are on at 12.00 and 4.00 Sunday, but there are also on Formula Ford, Formula V, Improved Production, HQs, Sports Cars and Sports Sedans racing in between.

Well, all the sports sedans are pretty over the top! There was an incredible Jag XKR at the last meeting that did a last to first run three races in a row!

I've seen two Rx7s, but I'm not sure what they run - most of them are Chevs these days.

Duncan,,,there's a mad yellow/green Series V1 Rx7 running a GTIR SR20DET. It's aparantly go 500hp at the flywheel...

Might hop out there this weekend for alook.

Neil

500hp! Not bad for a little 2L up against all the V8s.

Still, no wonder those cars break so often! There's also a fiat running a huge turbo something. Very expensive way to race - but about as quick as a supercar.

If you head out, drop by the Daewoos & say hi.

Duncan.