SAU Community

GamBLING. What's your poison?

Leewah

Just a question for Jarrod, when you're dealing in Roulette, does the dealer always begin the spin of the ball from a certain number? Say 00 or something? Also, how do the ridges which separate the numbers come into play when the dealer decides to land the ball in a certain position? Are they merely cosmetic and give the impression that the ball will bounce around randomly?

Cheers.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The dealer always spins from the last number that the ball landed on, or within 1-2 numbers either side of it. Those ridges on the outside and on the inside of the wheel are there to do a job, they bounce the ball a bit and help make it a little more random.

the basic side of card counting with blackjack is if the deck has lots of 10s/face cards in it, it sways the favour to the player, if the deck doesn't have many 10's/face cards in it, then favour swings to banker... So your not counting every card, just trying to keep track roughly of how many 10's/face cards/aces come out compared to other cards.

pffft gambling... scourge of society :rofl:

unless its a friendly game of poker on a saturday night with mates... or after a meal at the boundary pub and you put $5 in and take out 1500 ;)

i think the best advice is... dont do it. Keep ya wallet in ya pocket.

The only monster here is the gambling monster that has enslaved your mother! I call him Gamblor, and it's time to snatch your mother from his neon claws!!!!!

I can't see the problem with a $1000 hand as long as you have the capital or winnings to back it up if you lose the hand.

My biggest bet to date was $5200 on a banker's hand in baccarat which I won. The biggest losing hand was a $3500 bet on a banker's hand in the same night.

Meh, it was all with winnings so I still came out on top.

It's not your money till you cash it in.

Oh, and just another thing which is quite amusing, I just bought 500 playing chips from eBay!! YAY!! The LeeWah House of Gambling is coming to fruition!!!

Who's up for a game? :)

i refuse to admit to the rumours of my $1000 a hand of baccarat is true ;)

BAH F Crown & all the rest.. you can bring your chips over here Leewah and we'll set up SAU poker night in the garage :)

I vote Jarrod as bartender ;D hehe

its far more fun...

we have one once every couple of months... everyone starts with the same amount and theres limits on how much u can bet... makes it fair... that way u dont have people like Leewah showing up with 5k and bets it on almost every hand which no one else can match and has to fold ;)

I'm gonna setup a no limit Hold Em tourney at my place soon.

It's gonna be a fair bit of organising to get the rules set out and getting enough players, tables/chairs and the like.

If ppl are genuinely interested, I'll try to make it happen sooner. I'm heading off on holidays at the end of June but will have this game setup when I get back.

no limit?

holy begeesus... i'll come and take the photos of people when they do their nuts.... capture that split second where they realise theyre walking to work and eating pine cones for the next 3 months hahaha

make it like that poker championship they have on 10 late at night... or whatever channel it is :)

setup video cameras and film it and make a DVD out of it ;)

"SAU Poker Championship - Twisty roads to the poor house"

No Limit Hold Em is just played with playing chips. All you do is pay an entry fee and play. All players are distributed with x number of playing chips and whoever ends up with the all wins.

You don't have to bring $100k with you to have fun, but it does help :D

We'll have a nice tutorial session before we start playing with money.

I suggest we start after lunch and take the first hour to learn the game and then after that we can run our tournement.

I gave roulette a good going over and did alright out of it for 12 -18 m onths.

then the cas targeted us ( sitting for 8 hours on a roulette table is very obvious when your not changin money and I walked away I still play for smallish stakes when I go once or twice a year.

I also enjoy craps great game petty its not played much here.

poker is good fun

I played the horses in a semi professional manner for around 5-7 years didn't make a fortune but made a living but your whole life has to be devoted to it lots of work. Now with racing 7 days for lots of hours I limit my bets to races over 100k prize money and bet more the chances are much higher when all the horses are trying.

gambling is good fun if you know your limits.

meggala

Yeah i'm up for it leewah.

Ni: the no limit tourny is a buy in, say $50 of say 10 people, gives $500 prize money, usually split between 1st 2nd 3rd place... 'play' chips are used in the game.. so you may start with say $1000 play chips each...

No Limit Hold Em is just played with playing chips.  All you do is pay an entry fee and play.  All players are distributed with x number of playing chips and whoever ends up with the all wins.

You don't have to bring $100k with you to have fun, but it does help :D

Does this mean i could win my replacement diff :D

Can i bring my mate vino?

Dam gamblor, always ruining my fun.