SAU Community

fuel pump for R30

cmc

Can anyone tell me what fuel pump i could use on an R30 with standard L24 motor.genuine replacment cost is ridiculous.

Are there any after market brands or do other vehicles fit or could be adapted.

Need one fairly quickly

would love some help

cheers

when i did the rb20 conversion i put a bosch 910 in the stock position, just had to bodgy the mount a bit but its no dramas.

just get an external pump for the cheapest you can find and jam it in there

Maybe 280ZX - from a wrecker.

Are you having troubles with your current one? I was - it would just cut out, actually, wouldn't start at engine start. So I applied the first rule of auto repairs - hit it with a bigger hammer! And it started working again. But I guess I really should replace it soon.

Maybe 280ZX - from a wrecker.

Are you having troubles with your current one? I was - it would just cut out, actually, wouldn't start at engine start. So I applied the first rule of auto repairs - hit it with a bigger hammer! And it started working again. But I guess I really should replace it soon.

Yep, mine is the same, wont start on start up but seems to be ok when moving.

I was told that you have to be careful of the pressure output? if too much, can damage your efi. If not enough, wont work anyway.

Is this correct?

Certainly, if the pressure is too low, it is unlikely the engine will run well. But the maximum pressure is controlled by the fuel pressure regulator (little cylinder thing in the middle of the fuel rail), so even if the pump is pumping too hard, the engine should still run OK.

The pump will pump at set pressure, unless the Regualtor is set higher. most pumps can go 100+ psi im pressure, but flow will not rise the same.

The only downside is. if the Fuel return line is to small you will run ritch as it cannot keep up with the xtra flow of the Pump.

haha thats how my pump said its goodbyes - refusing to pump every now and then

i used to keep a hammer in the car to hit the pump as i was hanging out of the car turning the key to start, i got it down to a fine art :)

but anyway, i ended up buying a new r30 fuel pump then about 4 months later boxing it back up and throwing in a 910 for the rb20

i've still got the stocko pump if your keen, as i said its still new, maybe 2 thou kays of use, PM if ya keen

and on the same sorta topic ive got a bunch of r30 stuff laying around if anyones keen eg motor, Ti seats, struts etc.

shameless plug to me hehe

You got a r30 motor you wanna get rid of?

i juts bought a l24 r30 for 300$ and i wouldn't mind having a spare motor incase.

let me kno