SAU Community

Increasing Power - R32 GTR

BNR

Hey

Ive got a R32 GTR which is pritty much stock it just has a Trust 3.5inch cat back when it arrived from Japan. Running stock boost also.

I want to give it a bit more power and would like about 250kw at the wheels and the car to be reliable as it is now. I also want to keep the engine bay totally stock looking including the airbox.

What kind of mods and prices would i be looking at to get this figure ?

Would you sugest some N1/Group A turbos or aftermarket HKS ones ?

Thanks!

If it has the stock boost restrictor still in place just remove it and that should give you around 1 bar boost roughly

Excuse my ignorance :D

But what do they use to restrict boost, and how is it removed...?

I have full exhaust (standard dump pipes on turbos) run 1 bar and have power FC which got me 226 kw at all 4 wheels (still have standard airbox, BOV, and intercooler), this should at least be the starting point.

The figure you require is easy to reach with injectors, different turbos and the above and you will also be able to keep engine bay looking stock!

I have full exhaust (standard dump pipes on turbos) run 1 bar and have power FC which got me 226 kw at all 4 wheels (still have standard airbox, BOV, and intercooler), this should at least be the starting point.  

The figure you require is easy to reach with injectors, different turbos and the above and you will also be able to keep engine bay looking stock!

So im guess Power FC, 1 Bar boost, injectors and turbos should get me 250awkw ?

Would N1 turbos eaither off 32/33/34 be fine for 250awkw ?

Would i need to upgrade the fuel pump ?

Exaust, CAM Gears, 1 bar boost (and maybe a PowerFC if needed) and you'll get 250rwkw easy.

I run 260rwkw with above (but no powerFC) std turbo/inj

Exhaust, CAM Gears, 1 bar boost (and maybe a PowerFC if needed) and you'll get 250rwkw easy.

So would a set of these offer much of a performance increase when used with standard cams?

nengun-product-388.jpg

And are they hard to fit / Setup...?

So im guess Power FC, 1 Bar boost, injectors and turbos should get me 250awkw ?

Should do, may need to run more than 1 bar (from what I have heard 1.3 bar gets mentioned a lot).

I'm pretty sure N1 turbos of any series GTR will do the job as they are able to run more boost due to steel turbines, but I think the 34 n1 are the only roller / ball bearing ones.

This should result in anything from 250 to 300kw at all 4 wheels.

so wat sorta rwkw would i be expecting from a RWD rb26 setup in a silvia with twin 3inch dumppipes(twin 2n half with custom screamer pipes if i get around to makeing them) into single 3n half inch, FMIC, stock turbos 12psi, MINES ECU, and fuel pump

i know i'll find out soon enuff when i dyno it.. but is still a lil bit away

So would a set of these offer much of a performance increase when used with standard cams?

And are they hard to fit / Setup...?

Yeah adjustable cam gears and a good tuner helps RB26's heaps from stock.

Excuse my ignorance :thumbsup:  

But what do they use to restrict boost, and how is it removed...?

I know on R32's where the boost line meet's up to the boost solenoid there is a boost hose there with a yellow stripe on it and if you squeeze along it you will feel a hard bit in there like there is a marble or something stuck in there.

Pop that line off and squeeze it out then pop the line back on, that should bump boost up to around the 1 bar mark give or take a little.

The solenoid is mounted up on the drivers side strut tower.

Hope this helps.