SAU Community

Wiper Replacement

Sambo33

Hi all, ive got these really daggy looking wipers (ones with the rubber covers) on my S1 33, the covers are all weather damaged & ripped and the wipers themselves smear the windows really bad when it rains , whats the best way to replace these? can the part be sourced through nissan? anyone know parts numbers?

Cheers,

Sam

WIPERS.jpg

hey, i'm new to skylineaustralia. this is my first time answering a question, however, i'll try my best. Why don't you just go buy some new windscreen wipers? Does it have to be Original Nissan? Just asking thats all. I would replace them asap due to your safety..

Why don't you just get new windscreen wipers?  Does it have to be original wipers from Nissan?  Just asking..

The wiper blades themselves have this weird hook and clip system on them, ive had a look at a few non-geniune ones and none of them would be compatible. It would make things easier if i could do it that way, but it doesnt look like it'll happen. :thumbsup:

if you get them through nissan you will pay $120 per arm and the wiper blades assembly you can get from any auto shop but no after market arm for them here in Australia cause i tried it already ..Bill

I have WRX wipers on my R32.

Its a newer design that has two long thin metal blades holding the rubber in place rather then the little metal clip on the ends.

The result is no flop when the wipers change direction and a clean wipe.

So WRX wipers clip in place of the nissan ones with no probs? where abouts did you get the WRX ones and at what price?

Cheers,

Sam

For the weathering damage to the cover. Sand it back to get it a rough finish and cover the entire wiper arm with a couple of layers of black engine enamel. As for the wiper blades the R32 ones at least are just the same as every other modern wiper blade. I used Ford ones which are easily attainable from almost every car parts retailer. Don't be stupid by going out and buying new wiper arms when you can refresh the old one and make it look new again.