SAU Community

ISLAM - What do you really know about it?

allblitz

ok....here we go......

Muslims, Jews and Seventh Day Adventists dont eat products from pig. Why? Well, main story that goes around is that the pig is considered a filthy animal, when in fact it is one of the cleanest. Apparently, the prophet Mohammad told muslims not to eat cops as, at the time, they were the carriers of a plague.

Judaism is the oldest of the main religions. The Bible consists of the 2 parts..the old testament ( taken from the Torah i believe) and the new testament which was created something like 60 or so years after Christ's birth. So for anyone who is Christian and predjudice against Jews, ask yourself this......What was Jesus' religion?

Cefiro_PWA: your comments are pretty ignorant. How is not eating pork low? for me, i dont eat it because i was brought up that way. i may be born muslim but i am not a practising muslim. me not eating it, is not a religious stance but more social conditioning. Butchers may clean the meat, but do you know that bleach is added to pig products?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

no thanks mate, im orthodox and dont give ashit about your stupid religion.. why post here and cause trouble in the first place

I'll let those following this thread judge for themselves.

']ok....here we go......

Muslims, Jews and Seventh Day Adventists dont eat products from pig. Why? Well, main story that goes around is that the pig is considered a filthy animal, when in fact it is one of the cleanest. Apparently, the prophet Mohammad told muslims not to eat cops as, at the time, they were the carriers of a plague.  

Judaism is the oldest of the main religions. The Bible consists of the 2 parts..the old testament ( taken from the Torah i believe) and the new testament which was created something like 60 or so years after Christ's birth. So for anyone who is Christian and predjudice against Jews, ask yourself this......What was Jesus' religion?

Cefiro_PWA: your comments are pretty ignorant. How is not eating pork low? for me, i dont eat it because i was brought up that way. i may be born muslim but i am not a practising muslim. me not eating it, is not a religious stance but more social conditioning. Butchers may clean the meat, but do you know that bleach is added to pig products?

Every meat product these day's is fake..

im not ignorant, i was just flicking through the forums and saw allblitz trying to get people going to seminar's... sounds like AMWAY to me haha..

as car enthusiests we know all about stereotypical misconceptions held by people in the wider public, coz god knows we are all hoons *rollseyes* as someone said "there are bad people in all religions", unfortunatly some recieve more media attension then others

Ruffels

You obviously haven't read the Quran for you to make such statements.

The Quran is not based on the old testament.  It may contain similar stories, views in some area's as the old testament.  As muslims, we believe the Injeel (Bible) was sent to Jesus (Peace be upon him) but that scripture which was sent to Jesus is no longer what is called the Bible today.  We believe the bible today (with its many versions) has been tampered and altered by man.

To cut it short, i don't wish to get into a dialogue, this is not the right place for it, if you read upon Islamic history, you will see that non-muslims who lived in an Islamic state were free to practice their religion and worship their god/s.  When you make statements against 'Islam', please quote from its scripture (Quran) and not from certain practices of some governments.

In regards to 'muslims' converting to christianity - this may be so, but you can count them with one hand.  Islam is and has been for a long time the fastest growing religion in the West.  Since 9/11 the number of people accepting islam has increased dramatically. Why?

Anyway, purpose of this thread was not to force my 'fanatic' views onto others, but was to advertise a lecture series that will take place.

Lets leave it at that, if you need to discuss this matter in further, i would love to correspond via email.  My email is [email protected]

Regards,

Husnu.

Firstly, I have read the Quran and not because I am a Muslim, but to be able to speak intelligently to the many Muslim mates I had who continually tried to impose their beliefs on me..

Secondly you agee that it contains similar stories to the OLD testament but not that it is based on the Old testament. You also say that Jesus received the Injeel whereas Christianity says that he did not recieve it. Jesus, when asked about the teachings of the old testament said that he has not come here to disregard them (teachings of Moses and Abraham) but to enforce them. He was then killed and the New Testament (Matthew, Mark, Luke and John, the 4 gospels) was written about his life and his teachings. So, if Jesus died before the birth of Islam, and according to you, he received the Injeel (but you say the versions we have today were editied by man) and you say that the Quran contains similar stories, then isn't it logical to say that the Quran was written by man and dervied from the teachings written in the Injeel/Old testament of the Bible? I mean, you say that the Bible that Christians follow today has been editied by man, so isn't it also logical to say that Islam which was born after the death of Christ, was written and slightly adjusted from the old testament/Injeel by man???

As for the conversion rate of Christians to Muslims...you say a handful of Christians convert to Islam by comparison???? Are u serious??? Where do u get your stats from? You are getting them from todays world aren't you? If so, then in todays world, goverments unfortunatley, do govern people and so trying to preach other religions in SOME Islamic countries is a no go..this is fact and this fact impacts conversion rates.

The last thing that I have to say and I'll leave it at that (in the past, these conversations get nowhere) is that you quoted sections from the bible referring to animals that are defined as unclean. Correct me if I'm wrong but these are quotes from the OLD testament. That is beliefs that were imposed on the lives of people before the birth of Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ made a point that eat what you like, food does not define a man as clean or unclean....

Think about....if I don't drink alcohol and don't eat pork but I scheme and plot against others for my own well being am I a GOOD/CLEAN person? Will I go to "paradise"

What if I drink alcohol, eat pork and love "my brother" like I love myself...am I still considered UNCLEAN and will I go to Hell??

My whole aim here is not to speak against Islam or its followers. I am all for these educational lectures, but let's also have some of these Islamic countries allow the teachings of other religions to also take place.

No more to say...over and out...

ok seems some people are narrow minded.

but anyway there is huge misconceptions about islam.

im not pretending to know them all far from it.

im actually RC myself but im not ignorant and i dont feel the need to judge one by their religon.

also i think the problem which causes some of the misconceptions is that a few people use their faith to further their cause.

not naming names *osama* *Abu Musab al-Zarqawi* do this quite well unfortunetly.

by no means am i supporting the US their policies and the like are just ***ed n self centred.

but back to the point. alot of my musy friends over here are just like any other aus.

we are lucky to all grow up in and enviroment and enjoy life in peace. where as others in bosnia etc havent seen much peace for quite a while.

its sad that people are killed in these areas and that the hatred runs so deep many are not willing to

see peace,

although it is possible the troubles in norther ireland have died down. previsoulsy there was war there for 700+ years.

its just a shame that some people wreck it for others.

and misconceptions arise from the media who just get out a story to grab the attention of viewers and

people abuse power.

i think that makes sense.

hope it did and didnt offend anyone.

Its weird how a lecture series can go off topic. Any questions relating to islam, or misconception, misunderstandings, please feel free to email me. I will try and clarify as much as i can, or do my research and answer to the best of my ability. If i have offended anyone, please forgive me, it was unintentional. My email address is [email protected]

Hus.

gone beyond its purpose.

closing.

rather than flamming people just dont post at all. u dont like whats being said and cant post it in a half decent way.

keep it to ur self.