SAU Community

Crower rods???

Hi all

I had my order stuffed up by the place I was getting pistons and rods from and I got rb26 Crower rods instead of the eagle rods I ordered... 1500 for eagle ;)

Anyways.. what I was wondering is that alot of people use rb26 GTR rods so I was wondering if the rods I have will be useable cause I dont wanna go to eagle if I got the crowers if you know what I mean :)

Thanks in advance

Should be fine since rb25 and rb26 rods share the same bearing sizes and lengths. Crower rods are ~2100AUD, you are a lucky man. Also, here in the states, eagle rods are considered to be weak. $1500AUD is quite expensive for those. I remember paying $500US for vg30 eagle rods.

What HP rating are the crowers does anybody know? I am thinking of getting some for my own GTR.

I heard there very strong and are not far behind carillo for durability. Is this true?

R32-GTS What where the pauter's worth and what are there HP rating.

About the same as R32-GTS. Should be able to land them cheaper now as there is no import duty applicable now (I believe??), just GST.

Have a look at the titanium rods on the website - some serious and light hardware there!

Ok got a reply from Pauter here's what it sez.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jeff,

A set of 6 for your RB26 would run US$1131.00 plus shipping. At current exchange rate, that comes out to AU$1458.14 but your credit card company may have a different rate. I am showing that we have some in stock at this time.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not a bad price at all i thought.

How long do they take to get here if they have them in stock ready and waiting.