SAU Community

Which 32 should i get?

42 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

After selling my other auto 32 im now on the market for a manual.

My dad is importing 2 r32's and i have to decide which 1 i wont( im paying for 100% of the car)

EDIT:More Pics lower!!!

car 1( R32 Black)

1a7ffd500f7bg.jpg

• Not sure if its an m-spec
  • Very Clean body
  • Ugly Rims
  • Sunroof
  • cheap and nasty head unit
  • 165,000 Km
  • Aftermarket Gearknob
  • Other then thoes, Very stock

Car 2(R32 Grey)

88866614aa8iq.jpg

• m-spec
  • Very minor dints and scratches in rear
  • M-Spec Rims
  • Sideskirts
  • GTRish Frount bumper (missing lights, has a big gap where FMIC sits)
  • Aftermarket Breaks (not sure which 1's but they are red...)
  • Aftermarket suspension
  • 190,000km
  • Adjustable wing
  • MOMO Steering wheel
  • Stock headunit
  • Lowered (maybe...)
  • Exhaust
  • $2,000 Cheaper
  • No sunroof

Both have HICAS and both are 90 Models.

Now my worry with the Grey car is the 200,000km. Im not sure if im going to have to get the timing belt done again.Whats that going to cost me. The body work i can get fixed for about $500.

What do you guys think i should do.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having had two R32’s one with a sunroof and one with out, both had coilovers (Teins in non sunroof and Apexi’s in the sunroof car) I myself would get the non-sunroof car. I found with mine the sunroof’d R32 flexed A LOT more under stress IE: mountain runs, drifting ect. And due to age the sunroofs tend to leak. In saying that though, the black car is cleaner and has less kay’s.

are you 100% sure they are both gtsts??? as in have seen them up close with bonnets up?? have any pics of under bonnets???

the black one dead set looks like a GTE, definatly not a type m.

go the grey one....for $2000 you could pick up another RB20, for another $1500 you could pick up an RB25 even. and you can go for a strap straight of the boat and enjoy it.. sounds good, looks good.. dont have to spend money on the basic straight up things...

the brakes look like the standard calipers, type m's had bigger better brakes. they may have just been painted red.

cheers

Linton

you will need new 16" tyres on the grey cars rims....

I voted for the black car, but it also does not look like the turbo RB20 to me, at least from the rims and there is something about that front bar that seems non-turbo versionish

mine 89 gtst came with those same wheels as the black one. i think they are the original NON m-spec wheels (might be wrong though)

i would get the grey one checked by a mechanic to see if it was in good working order. if it was id take it.

get the black fella..

Possible the rims have been swapped just with any old cheap crap they had sitting around to sell it off. Front bar same as the one that came on my GTS-T (crap for front mounts though)

The other one has been toyed with.. performance mods obviously removed. I bet you the rest of the car is in poorer state of maintenance as well.

Black is a bit of a bitch, but when dirty still looks nice and tough..

KM wouldn't worry about... OMG you might have actually got a couple of non-wound back cars.. because I think about 90% of 1989 cars have been from those figures to their magical 80-90k mark.

The top one is a (quite rare now) R32 GTS-t - not Type M - with optional factory alloys. The brakes on the black GTS-t are rubbish, especially for a turbo car. For this matter alone I'd go for the Silver GTS-t Type M (I've got one - see sig).

BUT - a couple of things:

**The Black car looks like it's in overall better condition. This is something you should really take into consideration, as R32's are getting long in the tooth now.

**The Silver car has the extra Type M goodies - 4-pot brakes, viscous LSD, GT-R style interior etc - but as with 99% of Type M's... it looks as though it's had a hard life. Expect to replace clutch, LSD, suspesion components; fix rusted out rear wheel arches (around the body kit), and other minor mechanical things.

Having said that, if you want to play it safe, go for the black car. If you don't mind fixing lots of stuff (but end up with a better car), go for the silver car.

How can you tell if the black one is type-M?

Balck car Interiour:

0de7f4d08b3be.jpg

Black car Engine:

d1fb1dbf834ya.jpg

Silver car interiour:

771336b6e20wi.jpg

Silver car engine:

319bde5be38vl.jpg

Silver car body damage:

dfb861b94b2rb.jpg

M Spec only came out in 1993---> http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/sh...ead.php?t=39145

(4 piston front brakes, 2 piston rears, super hicas, bigger factory turbo, grey face dash etc)

Noticed something strange...both of the drivers seats look like series1 r32 seats, yet the passenger seats and door trim look like velour (series2).

And i say depending on what qualities in a 32 you're after and what you're gonna be using it for/doing to it should help determine which one you want :(