SAU Community

PBR clutch Vs Excedy H/D

Hello guys just after a little help and some feed back i have R32, in need of a new clutch. I can get my hands on either a PBR or Excedy H/D, PBR a little cheaper but not much i have 210rwkw, which clutch is better and what is the normal price on something that would suit me don't want a button clutch. I am getting the Excedy for about $480 and the PBR for $400 just need to know one should buy thanks

Im getting an exedy HD clutch put in tomorrow, ill let u you know how it goes. Part no NSK7056HD. Try ABS, they gave me a pretty good price for the clutch, but i ended up getting one at cost price through a friend of a friend..

My car is pretty stock though, probably 130kW at the wheels, so the power comparison wont be that suitable.

The PBR is very poorly built (well all the dead ones I have seen died prematurely).

My last PBR clutch died after 50,000 km. The friction plate was barely worn, but the pressure plate crapped itself.

I don't know of any1 that has had good experiences with a PBR in a performance car.

Hey if anyones interested i had my exedy HD clutch installed today. It feels and works great, took a little while to get used to but i couldnt be happier. The install cost me $250 including machining of the flywheel.

Looking at the standard clutch compared with the exedy HD, the springs on the friction plate are much smaller and the diaphram finger things are not as strong or well built.

My std clutch was worn down to the rivets on one side.

PS i think there is one for sale in the for sale thread at the moment for $400

I have an Exedy HD and I think it's great.

agreed - i have one too and it's great... i drive in bumper to bumper every day as well...

cool thanks man but i picked one up for $360 brand new with Excedy H/H, rpm brass button pressure plate and bearings 12month warrenty getting installed saturday $150+$30 for machining of flywheel

They are great prices, where did you get them from? Whats a H/H?

My clutch kit was $375 as I had a father of a friend who knows someone who worked a Exedy once or something. Best price i could get apart from that was about $450.

i ended up getting one at cost price through a friend of a friend..

please tell me how much u got it for

i also have an Excedy HD clutch and i think its pretty good, doesnt make any weird noises and love it cause u cant slip it much

I've got a PBR 5 puck sprung center clutch plate with a modified pressure plate. No complaints here. 195rwkw and I can chirp going into 4th :( I also spend 2hrs a day in traffic and cant say its annoying...

My clutch blew yesterday so i am looking for a good replacement.

Dunno shit about clutches. My car is fairly stock i.e. no more than 150rwkw and i dont expect to break 200rwkw.

I wanna spend around $800. So far ive been quoted $1140 and $980.

Any recommendations?

ive ran around today looking for a clutch for my GTR.... some of my friends are using the EXEDY ORGANIC CLUTCH an they say its the best thing that they have come across an it cost around $450 to $550

check out BGT clutchs in dandenong its a crapy little work shop, but i went to EXEDY today an they said that BGT clutchs, should give a good price since the buy in big bulk

Well the one that i picked up is said to be able to handle 250rwkw so i have been told

but isnt the one u got from C & B got an organic face with a brass pressure plate?