SAU Community

Envy Imports

Lost

Dave - have you guys got a dyno ?

no sorry i wish....

we usaly use tillies one or use mat gilmer from magic for all that.

i should mension that tillies dyno is one of the lowest reading ones out there(acurate) by about 10percent.

If you're around the northern beaches try cromer exhaust centre. They're won't change your diff oil or give you a wheel alignment but everything else seems ok. Tell em the bloke with the white ceffy sent ya (doubt it'll help you tho hahaa)

I wish to god that I never let them touch my car. $4000 dollars later its all sorted. You live you learn.

Hey, im from the NB aswell (cromer) im still waiting to buy something decent, but yeah my mate works at tilleys, they're pretty good.

you've goto see the owners slant 6 turbo valiant, runs 11.5's on street everything woo!

But there are some dodgy places aswell, i dont want to drop names so ill keep things on the quiet, but lets just say magic performance isnt your best option.......im probably a marked man now.

Auto Trans - Col Voss Auto transmissions he's a good bloke though, have had nothing but good things from him in the commodore.

Anyhow

Take it easy B)

My car came from Envy imports too

They're OK but seem to cut corners. It was imported with around 104K kms on the clock. They only did a minor service on it so the timing belt wasnt changed and the spark plugs were still original and a turbo gasket leak wasnt fixed which is the first thing they should have fixed

I just got my sII 33 gts from them ...pick it up in 2 weeks after they fix it up....woohoo ....after 5 years of waiting ......im a very happy man...

I hope theyre not cutting corners on my precious...

• 3 weeks later...
Also, who out there is on the northern beaches?

I'm on the Northern Beaches...

Have any of you considered North Shore Prestige? I got my 34 through them, know quite a few people who have got their cars through them...

Question would be, any good tuners on the Northern Beaches line near Brookvale or something?

I got my R33 from prestige as well, no problems whatsoever, accept the guy who sold to me was so laid back, he didn't even seem to care if you bought anything, and let you make your own mind up.. which i sorta liked :) .. i get my mate to do all my work on my skyline, he's fully qualified, and gets me industry discounts to boot ;). i checked out envy near the round about a few years back, he tried to sell me a hotted up lancer saying you don't need a skyline, this is a 2l monster, i asked about later adding turbos to a staff member earlier on, and that staff member suggested always get a turbo car, that is designed to be turbo, less problems ... and this other guy then said nah mate we can turbo it for you later on, looking at around 9500 to 10,000 for the whole setup to be done... pfft... :)

• 1 month later...

i bought my 32 gts-t 4 door from envy and it is fine, i have had work done there and it all seems to be good, a friend of mine had his car converted to manual and it seems the conversion was rushed and a few corners were cut, the gearbox wasnt in good nick either but i spoze that is the supplier of the box's fault.

apart from that i reckon its fine and hermen always seems keen to help me out. i wacked a couple of envy stickers on my car and now he gives me parts n stuff at better prices and cheap rims and tyres. he offered me 2 work 16/8.5 rims with 99% tread falken ziex's for $100, good luck finding that price anywhere else as the tyres are worht lie 200 a corner by themselves!!!

p.s. i am on northern beaches as well, if any other NB guys wanna go for a drive some time p.m. me

Edited by GT_APEX

I am a performance parts reseller, and I have been involved with some machanical mods to a couple of envy imports customers vehicles and have noted that they where clean and reliable cars. Seems that the customers where also satisfied so keep up the good work Envy...

Chad

i'm on the beaches and dealt with a few places.

I'd recommend Joviant Peformance. Its not overly cheap but thats cause the parts are good and Brett really knows what he's doing - its pretty much just him but he works 6 or 7 days a week.

He's done a few $100k plus GTR builds and the work is supreme. My Gtst is in there now getting the engine replaced and like i said not cheap but i trust him and his skill with all things turbo. especially RB engines.

They outsource for machining and dynoing is done at Bromspec BMW next door but its all done well and overseen by brett.

He's definately not in it for the money only for the cars. Check his R33 GTR - monster to say the least.

Tweak it in Mona Vale is really good for parts. trustworthy and all their parts are checked and warranteed.

Just done Basset st from them - Superior Automotive Services. These guys are great, they build open top race cars and the work is 2nd to none, but they dont know alot about skylines. They do have a Dynodynamics 2WD dyno though.

As for envy, outside appearances seam good and i'd probably buy a close to stock car from them but i'll stick to Joviant when i want it tuned.

Hey,

I'm on the Northern Beaches too near Cromer.

Not sure how good these places are but there's Procar (back of Cromer High School) and Tilly's (Brookvale) Have Dyno's.  I think they are pretty good.

Someone else here would probably know more.  Joviant Performance, Magic Performance?

hey guys ,

Had a mate get some work done at joviant, reco engine. He needed a another one in 6 months. Not good...... That was for a subaru rs.

I have had an exhaust put in by magic at brookie and they were excelent to deal with. Matt the owner also attended a track day i went to a few months after they did the exhaust on my car, i needed to change the cat on my car to a straight through pipe for the track and he was more than happy to lend me his tool box so i could do this.

Matt also does tunning using the tillies dyno if anyone needs it!

;)