SAU Community

B.o.v

Sorry dont mean to be rude:

NA cars run with neg pressure in the plenum. This is what pulls a BOV open, therefore the BOV on a na car would be always open... This would be like punching a hole in your intake piping somewhere which would probably mess with your Air/fuel ratio's.

No performance gains to be made with this mod.

I am not 100% on the: "the BOV on a na car would be always open" call but i am pretty sure ;)

Sorry dont mean to be rude:  

NA cars run with  neg pressure in the plenum. This is what pulls a BOV open, therefore the BOV on a na car would be always open... This would be like punching a hole in your intake piping somewhere which would probably mess with your Air/fuel ratio's.

No performance gains to be made with this mod.

I am not 100% on the: "the BOV on a na car would be always open" call but i am pretty sure ;)

not quite right. the difference in pressure between the two side of the diaphragm or piston is what pushes the valve open. on the one side you have the boost in the intercooler pipe, on the other side you have the pressure from the manifold (post throttle) when you close the throttle pressure in the manifold drops but the pressure in the pipework is still high, the difference in pressure is great enough that boos pressure in the pipes is able to overcome the pressure of the spring.

sorry dude, but whats the point? you want power and that sick sound?? get a TURBO.

lol man thats some funnie shit... BOV on a N/A car.... joke of the century.

PEACE dude ;)

cheers, that was kinda what I figured...

not quite right. the difference in pressure between the two side of the diaphragm or piston is what pushes the valve open. on the one side you have the boost in the intercooler pipe, on the other side you have the pressure from the manifold (post throttle) when you close the throttle pressure in the manifold drops but the pressure in the pipework is still high, the difference in pressure is great enough that boos pressure in the pipes is able to overcome the pressure of the spring.

I seen the thread name "B.o.v" in the NA!!! Section of the site & just had to look & hope somebody wasn’t asking how to fit one or asking if it provides any performance gains... and...

Would fitting a blow-off valve to a non-turbo skyline provide an benefits to the performance at all?

Plus would the car build up enough pressure to produce any decent sound?

;)!! Hahahaha

Think your gona need a turbo m8 if you want to run a BOV.

Pardon the ignorance here... I have a turbo car which has the factory BOV on it atm...

Can someone please explain the imporatance of an aftermarket BOV? What are the gains to be achieved? And is it really necessary (being illegal and all)?

Thank you

Stan

Pardon the ignorance here...  I have a turbo car which has the factory BOV on it atm...

Can someone please explain the imporatance of an aftermarket BOV?  What are the gains to be achieved? And is it really necessary (being illegal and all)?

Thank you

Stan

Aftermarket BOVs actually increase boost & raise torque... :D

hahah Nar aftermarket BOV are usually only bought because of the noise they make but they can also serve the purpose of venting a greater amount of air to keep ur turbo spinning better if you’re running higher boost. But there's always rally style anti lag systems which work better than that in conjunction with a BOV hehehe. BANG BANG POP

For your car & many of our cars, you'd really only get one for the noise / visual appearance in engine bay... Otherwise stocky is fine.

Thanks guys

Hey geno8r, when we going for that cruise? Or even just a general meet up?

Thanks guys

Hey geno8r, when we going for that cruise?  Or even just a general meet up?

Ahh man I forgot about that... I got busy again... had some extra work coming in so been occupied... If someone organises sometime I'll be there but yeah just haven’t had time to organise anything really... If you reply to this probably best not to ‘off topic’ anymore in this thread & reply back in the other one...