SAU Community

No boost signal at Power FC

Hey guys,

Im hoping someone may be able to help me out here.

I have just put in my Power FC and all works well apart from one thing, Im not getting a boost signal back to the Power FC or its just not reading one.

Has anyone had this problem before?

Anyone know how to over come it or which wire off the back of the ECU is the boost sense wire?

Regards,

Cristian

It has got the factory setup in it, so apart from what was factory it has nothing.

Hence the name of the boost controller kit, it is a boost controller, right?

I want to just run standard boost right now. Why isnt the Apexi reading it?

hi cristian and others

i am still keen on getting the powerfc to read boost but not by using the boost control kit. the only reason is i would like to be able to have the boost on a graph vs revs on the same graph. i have my own controller but would still like to see the value. a stock map sensor in the same voltage range connected to the right pins on the boost controller plug in external socket should work, also trying the same thing with air-temp sensor. will update in a week or so

49C-A001 is the sensor harness which plugs into the powerfc boost controller kit port and 499-X001 is the 3 bar map sensor and 499-x002 is the normal map sensor which is cheaper. will try and see if a generic map sensor can be used instead and hacked onto the powerfc harness so u can just get an el cheapo sensor instead of the "apexi" specific one.

no more than $100 i would expect?

49c-a001 is $25 AU

a99-x001 is $160 AU

Hopefully those two combined should make the powefc monitor show boost pressure based off the map sensor pressure. also still trying to sort out how to do the air-temp sensor, trying to find a gtr air temp sensor. anyone have a spare one? :rofl:

hi guys

im going to see if the stock r33 boost map sensor can be fed into the powerfc so on the hand controller the boost pressure comes up, which is fed from the signal off the stocko guage. basically i want the apexi boost controller kit without the avc-r solenoid which is the expensive part. nengun cant supply the kit minus the solenoid. also will try and do some stuff with the air-temp sensor which would be just ace

Hi guys, somewhere the R33GTST must have a map sensor to make the standard boost gauge work. The Power FC's for the R32/33/34GTR and the R32GTST all use the standard map sensor to detect the boost level. I would be logical to assume that the standard Nissan map sensor would work OK on the R33GTST, all you have to do is run a connection from the standard map sensor to the map sensor input on the PFC. It should not be necessary to buy another map sensor.:rofl:

hi gary

yeah i had the same idea before (well after someone pmd me), i got pm last night from grigor who said use the stock boost guage map sensor, then i thought yeah good point why cant we. cheers for the idea will try and sort something out. just hope they are in the same voltage range. one way to find ou

I just got a quote from Greenline for the Apexi boost control kit for $415.

For that money I can do without the boost reading at the hand controller.

Sydneykid;

If we got another map sensor(3 bar) we can do away with the air flow meter cant we?

cristian to get rid of the airflow meter you need the map sensor and the djetro powerfc. why would u want to get rid of it though?

Just worried about having it restrict flow, or maxing out and not getting a correct reading.

But I dont have the horsepower now to worry about it.

how much power are you making? if you max out the stock one change to a z32 or q45

if you change to a map sensor instead of an airflow meter youll loose the good idle and tuning ability as the map sensor guesses amount of airflow coming in by doing calcuations based on air pressure. pressure != volume