SAU Community

Powercruise Ec This Weekend!

Mr R32 M-Spec

I love muscle cars, i've been to the Summernats for the last 4yrs and will continue to go for as long as I can, actually i've been to more Summernats than I have AutoSalons. If you want $35/day worth of value and an A+ show go to the Summernats, not the PowerCruise. That guy from Qld obviously has never been to the Summernats, he'd laugh at the PC events.

The drifting was dull, they make them drift the entire way around the track when their are only spectators on the main straight. Considering EC has a purpose built drift track (which was used as a carpark) was a joke making them drift out on the 4km track. It only takes 1 lap to destroy a set of tyres of which you get to see them drift for 200m down the main straight.

Too many regular cars on the dyno. I'm not interested in watching 180-200rwkw vehicles. It's a big show with heaps of muscle cars, where are all the 600+ hp muscle cars? Sure their were a few but not worth sitting there for 3hrs watching them.

The powerskids weren't too bad. I was holding my breath the entire time hoping 1 of those nice cars didn't smack the wall like with the drags at PC3.

Behind the pits was full of parked cars and trailers. You mean to tell me they have to park them all right there in the main arena where all the spectators walk around when they have acres of land that they could park all that stuff. Why wasn't it full with demonstations and sponsor stalls? The recent Skyline show up the coast almost had as many displays as what the PC did.

I went to PC3 and thought it was shocking. I went to PC4 expecting something much better, which yes it was better but it's still not worth $35/day of my money. $20 yes maybe $25 but pfft $35.

Maybe I go attend too many motorsport events and have become very critical of the lame 1's im not sure all I know is that the PC people really need to step it up a few gears because they have the perfect opportunities, they just need to know how to make use of those opportunities (which currently they aren't doing).

Benm,

I totally agree with all of your comments and ideas for improvement there. Everything you mentioned was something I thought was disappointing too, but I still had a good time (sorry, off your first post I got the idea you didn't enjoy it at all, which is what suprised me :)).

$35 was way too steep, totally agree there.

I think the idea is there, but they need to sit down and re-define the way things are run to make it better.

Next time i'll defintely enter my car in simply to do stupid shit around a race track, that seems to be the powercruise theme :)

Yeh your right guys certainly wasn't worth the $35 spectactor entry fee I was very unhappy with the whole thing. When I left on saturday the results so far even for the dyno competition were a joke . I think they have the basic idea right and I like the idea of being let out on to the track to basically have some fun for a fair amount of time .

I think for it to survive they are going to need to attract more cars and quality one's at . Saying that though if I have another toy when the next one rolls around I will certainly be entering .

16.jpg

I have to admit Powercruise is more fun if you are a entrant i got in a little bit of trouble for drifting a little out of the corners and for speed down the main straight but i enjoyed the 3 days

U SERIOUS??? u got into trouble man?

I was doing hot laps from friday to sunday, overtaking, undertaking. racing down the straight and did 200km a couple of times.

I was in the Gunmetal GTR, MRR32M. Also my mate and I swapped cars intermittently. white old school civic. we were both going hard ;)

Never had one thing said to us

I think it was worth it as a competitor, I paid 110 entry in may. prebooked. I got around 100 laps over the 3 days I rekon. and having your mates in the car is cool as. the drags were a little lame.

as a spectator, i think the fee should be like 25, no more.

mark

ha ha ben you're a joke. not enough rice for ya mate? must be a shit event  if there isn't yeah? shame everyone will think this event is dodgy cause you got cold.

powercruise started 4 years ago as a single day event. this year it is a 3 day spectacle showcasing all the biggest cars. that's why you don't get many skylines  :lol: they had dyno, drift, cruise, drag, show n shine, miss powercruise comp, wet t-shirt, party and twin burnouts amongst other stuff. it was a huge event with more people rolling up than ever and it's only going to get better. can't believe you didn't see any women worth commenting on. they were everywhere. maybe try taking your sunnies off. :lol:  the crowd was friendly and in a good mood. i met a guy that came down from gold coast and was camping here the 2 nights. he was alone and talkative. said it's one of the best shows he's seen. met a few other random locals and everyone seemed to be getting into it.

aaanyway, i took my video camera and shot most of the burnouts. i'll be putting a vid together but for now here's a teaser.

2.4mb Teaser

can't wait for next year.  ;)

Just a bit of constructive critisism. Hopefully to help you.

I really dont like how the video pauses and speeds up slows down again etc etc

a slow mo would be cool, but not speed up, slow down, speed up it looks all funny.

good work tho mate.

i have to agree the slow down then speed up thing looks pretty average. it looks like you just found a great new feature on your software and decided to use it just for the sake of it.

at least you are having a go though, i;m sure it will turn out. ;)

I was in the Gunmetal GTR, MRR32M.
I seen to leaving out Gate 7 on Saturday, by the sounds of things you were probably going to fill up with more fuel :)

I seen to leaving out Gate 7 on Saturday, by the sounds of things you were probably going to fill up with more fuel :)

HAHAH nah mate, I was going out to get lunch. i wouldn't touch the shite they were serving at the cafes with your mouth B)

Got Red rooster, did a run for the boys who came down to watch us. then maccas on sunday

I only used just under a tank the whole weekend, and I wasn't going easy

mark :)

when i say in trouble just a couple of words nothing much it did not stop me from playing on the circuit all weekend

i got about 200 kms to 60lt of fuel money well spent.

I got free entry through sponsors

i have to agree the slow down then speed up thing looks pretty average. it looks like you just found a great new feature on your software and decided to use it just for the sake of it.

at least you are having a go though, i;m sure it will turn out. :)

:lol: you couldn't be further from the truth. fact of the matter is i only started editing about 3 weeks ago so i was playing around with the software trying to learn a bit :)

this is my first vid here --> http://www.cys.net.au/srp/e107_files/downl...tor-ex-2005.wmv

it's from the motor ex a few weeks back.

thanks for the tips

Well we prepaid early ($110) for 3 days cruising Eastern Creek track, camping, and spectating.

Thoroughly enjoyed the weekend, although I didn't do much driving. The Missus had been in hospital and got a drain tube out on Friday morning. By Friday afternoon she was hooning around the track.

Funniest thing was when we were lined up ready to go out (waiting) and Genelle was driving and had her fav CD playing. Of course "Nobody Likes A Bogun" came on and I just kept smiling and nodding to all and sundry.

Got some in-car footage as well. And our Son and his mates had their cars out as well.

Great fun having a look see around Eastern Creek track.

El Bee

ps It was cold overnight... Bloody cold, but you get that in the middle of Winter in Western Sydney.