SAU Community

Stock R33, Turbotech Boost???

Hey guys,

I've got a bogstock r33 S1. No FMIC, no xhaust, no pod......Stock as factory....rare huh?

I've been reading the forums and did a few searches on the subject so its not just an off the cuff question, thought has gone in to this.

Anywayz i want to purchase one of these turbotech boost controllers and up the boost to 10psi. I'm under the impression that the ECU will adapt to this so long as i don't go over 10psi. Correct me if i'm wrong there. No carbon build up / det. etc.???

Will there be any damage to anything under the hood if i install this and up the boost?

Will this provide a noticably bigger difference in spool up, e.g. would it be on boost almost straight away?

Will 10psi make a huge difference, i.e. put my head back in the seat when i nail it?

No problem running 10PSI but, most likely, you'll need to regap your spark plugs down to 0.8mm.  Would also be nice to do an ECU reset.

Ummm sorry, pretty new to mechanical work.....What does that mean?? does that mean get new spark plugs and get my ecu tuned?? Doesn't that cost like up to a grand?? No complaining just asking.

Cheers

Matt

Your profile says RB20E........I don't think it will make any difference which boost controller or "how much" you wind up the boost....you aren't going to notice ANY difference :rolleyes:

Seriously though......regapping the plugs is simply a matter of removing the plugs and regapping the electrodes to .8mm

ECU reset can be done by either shorting 2 of the terminals on the consult port (do a search) or by removing the battery and draining any remaining charge in the car by pumping the brake pedal, then replace the battery and the ECU should be reset. I prefer the consult port method personally.

Okie Dokie

So get someone with one of those spacer pocket knife lookin things and get the spark plugs regapped. Then reset the ecu and all should run fine.

Can i safely up the boost to 12psi then, seeing as that's the limit for the stock turbo?

As for the other questions am i really going to notice it??

cheers

P.S. Tried to change the RB20E thing but can't find where its located on my profile. I actually have a 1200kw twin turbo rb26dett in the shed but the stock r33's faster :rolleyes: