SAU Community

Wheel Sizes & Offsets For Skylines

Hi there fulla's.

Real keen to get some 18x10's (at least!) for my 32 GTR.

Completely undecided as to what type just yet, but aside from this, was just wondering if any of you guys have "stretch" fit semi slicks to your wheels?

By what I've read on this thread so far it seems as if stretching tyres isn't as popular over in Australia as it is here in NZ but thought I'd ask anyway.

I've got some Bridgestone RE540S 245/40/18's just sitting in my shed and wondered if I could put them to use on some 10's.

Obviously 245's will go onto 10's, and I used to have 235's on 10's on my old Cef, so the size thing I don't imagine being a problem.

The question being I guess, will semi's stretch?? Or are the side walls on them just too hard compared to your joe average street tyre?

Anyone had experience with this?

Hi there fulla's.

Real keen to get some 18x10's (at least!) for my 32 GTR.

Completely undecided as to what type just yet, but aside from this, was just wondering if any of you guys have "stretch" fit semi slicks to your wheels?

By what I've read on this thread so far it seems as if stretching tyres isn't as popular over in Australia as it is here in NZ but thought I'd ask anyway.

I've got some Bridgestone RE540S 245/40/18's just sitting in my shed and wondered if I could put them to use on some 10's.

Obviously 245's will go onto 10's, and I used to have 235's on 10's on my old Cef, so the size thing I don't imagine being a problem.

The question being I guess, will semi's stretch?? Or are the side walls on them just too hard compared to your joe average street tyre?

Anyone had experience with this?

semi's dont like stretch, as u mentioned due to sidewall stiffness, cant give u a definitive answer, but i have fitted 215/45 potenza RFT's to a 17x9.5" with bead seats that are hard to seal (harder to stretch), it just took a lot of tries with the beat blaster.

just make sure u find a shop that has a bead blaster/baby elephant in case they dont go on normally.

Hey guys, currently got 225/45/17 front and 245/45/17 rear. Kind of clueless about all these tyre and wheel sizes and i'm trying to figure out how far off my speedo would be. I have an R33 GTS-T. Whats the stock tyre and wheel size? Wheels I think are 16x6.5 but what about the tyre? Should my wheels have some kind of marker for there size? Unknown set of Racing Harts. What are the effects of running different size tyres and different width wheels front to back?

Cheers

hi nisskid

mate....need your help on this....m new to skyline and have found a wheel that i really like. had put in a topic on this but stil confused with all it.

now this is the wheel i have chosen. i have a stock r34 gtt. nothing done to it in regards to engine/suspension mods.

AfterburnerBlack.jpg18 x 7.5, 18 x 8, 19 x 8, 19 x 9.5, 20 x 8.5, 20 x 10

these r the sizes....

could you advise me to the correct size that i will require. will look at lowering the car later but for now its all stock.

will be appreciated

thanks

anyone got pics for ref of 18x9/10 +20 on a 32 4dr? also of 17x9 +18? Got a few sets of wheels to be tried on the new car soon :D

ive got a few pics that u should be able to work off:

17x10 +20 with 255/45 (with a 235 or so and dropped down, it would have slid in under the guards nicely):

DSCN7841.jpg

17x9 +16 with 225/45

DSCN8977.jpg

DSCN9843.jpg

hi nisskid

mate....need your help on this....m new to skyline and have found a wheel that i really like. had put in a topic on this but stil confused with all it.

now this is the wheel i have chosen. i have a stock r34 gtt. nothing done to it in regards to engine/suspension mods.

AfterburnerBlack.jpg18 x 7.5, 18 x 8, 19 x 8, 19 x 9.5, 20 x 8.5, 20 x 10

these r the sizes....

could you advise me to the correct size that i will require. will look at lowering the car later but for now its all stock.

will be appreciated

thanks

need offsets mate, also there is no "correct size", once i have the offsets i can tell u what will fit, and how they will fit, but it's up to u to choose what u want.

Skyline model = R33 GTST

Wheel diameter = 17inch

Wheel width =(F) 9inch (R ) 9inch

Wheel offset =(F) +17 (R ) +17

Tyre size =(F) 245/45(R ) 245/45

Modifications to fit = Still standard (needs lower profile tyres hehehe)

would look sick, guards would need a roll, but run with something like a 235/40 would look mint.

Awesome :cool: I just bought some Rays CE28N, only bad thing is ive already bought tyres in 265/35 ;) Ah well we all know they wont last long anyways so ill wrap some 235's on em next time ;)

Hey just after some advise.

i have a 34 4door gtt, at the moment she just has stock rims and standard guards about to get sum work emotions xd9s in the metal coat.

i want the 18x9+30 front and 18x10+38 rear wanting to get as much dish as i can but hearing different things from everyone sum say it will work sum say it wont

these are the tyres i've been told will fit 225/40/18 or 235/40/18 front and 255/35/18 or 265/35/18 rear

at the end of the day dont want to be caught out with nice rims that i cant use!!

post-64213-1250641523_thumb.jpg