SAU Community

Quad Turbo V12 Powered R34 Skyline

I'd like to see some more information on that engine. I don't think it would be running a toyota century V12 as they were only 5.0 litres, and the stretch to 6.7 litres seems too much to me. That's a massive change in both bore and stroke to go from 81x80.8 to 89x90 - perhaps someone with some more experience in changing engine displacement could comment?

One possibility is that it might be two 6 cylinder engines bolted together using a common crankshaft? Perhaps two VQ six cylinder engines? Dunno, I'm hardly an expert on such matters.

Anyone who knows what they're talking about care to comment? Or even someone who doesn't know what they're talking about - it should be good for a laugh.

Cheers all

FFS. dont like, judge the car purely on it's merits or anything. did you click on this thread thinking "gee this sounds alright, might just be my mod" ???

"one of the fastest street car ever built". so i guess it can be streeted somewhere, just not here.

personally I think it's f**king awesome... although I did expect a bit more power, considering they make 1000hp from GTR engines... I can imagine it would be slightly torquey tho! how sexy is that flat black TT behind the skyline in one of the photos...

Mercedes Benz 600 S Class engine. 6.0 liter, stroked to 6.7 liter thanks to a Brabus crankshaft...

LMF

You serious? Why ditch the factory twin turbos for quad turbos? Seems unnecessary, especially when people are running that engine (albiet the AMG version from the SL65) to over 700hp on MBworld forums with nothing other than an ECU retune. Hillarious watching videos of the heavy-ass mercs running low 11s with no mods other than ECU tune.

FFS. dont like, judge the car purely on it's merits or anything. did you click on this thread thinking "gee this sounds alright, might just be my mod" ???

"one of the fastest street car ever built".  so i guess it can be streeted somewhere, just not here.

personally I think it's f**king awesome... although I did expect a bit more power, considering they make 1000hp from GTR engines... I can imagine it would be slightly torquey tho! how sexy is that flat black TT behind the skyline in one of the photos...

yeha :P