SAU Community

Just Jap Cooler Special

Fuzzy dice

Has anyone here bought and fitted one of the coolers & piping kits that Just Jap have on special? In specific to a 97 Stagea (obviously rb25det engine).

(see here --->> http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...wtopic=77902&hl )

Did you have any problems with piping set up, as in did it bolt up alright and fit the stagea engine bay without any probs??

Seems a great price for a cooler

Or am l just better to get the cooler, and then get a workshop to do custom piping??

thanks

Seriously man, dont cheap out on an intercooler

Try and find yourself a single Blitz or Trust cooler, then mount it yourself and then get custom piping made

The issue with the stagea is the front support bar (behind the grey area of front bar) and that grey area.

If you get a FMIC, you will need to, or at least want to, cut quite a bit of your front bar out to give it more flow. When i do it, i am going to consider mounting my cooler a little lower then what would be normal, and then move my numberplate up (put it to the side or remove it all together) and cut out parts of my front bar.

BTW, there is not TOO much wrong with chinese coolers ... until you want decent flow, so dont expect like, 250awkw with a chinese cooler.