SAU Community

2 X A.f.m. And 2 X T.b.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Fitted it up on Saturday . As you can see in the pics its got 2 x afm . However only 1 was wired up . As i,m running an apexi safc 2 i tried to add enough signal to compensate for the fact that the afm air speed would be 1/2 what it used to . I had to increase signal to nearly max what the safc can put out . HMMM Sooo switched the input signal to the safc to think it was connected to a q45 90mm afm , as i kinda worked out the air flow speed thru a 90mm t/b would be about the same as 2 x 70 mm inlets . IT WORKED . So the setup consiasts of :

2 x 60 mm rb25 throttle bodies

2 x 70 mm rb25 air flow meters ( only one is wired up , the other is left there to have equal restrictions on both inlets )

apexi safc 2 , input signal set at 1 ( q45 infinity afm 99 mm signal)

output signal set at 4 ( rb25 ecu being used )

As a preliminary tune i have put in 20% + at all low throttle settings

27% + at all high throttle settings

So far i,m pretty impressed by the way it drives . Seems more responsive and more torque . At a steady 100 kmh the throttle was 14 % now its only 8 % .

Will take it out to Willowbank drags test and tune soon as i can .

Theres still a few things to tidy up on it but at least its fitted and running well .

post-9523-1131918521.jpg

post-9523-1131918559.jpg

post-9523-1131918596.jpg

Edited by dondesoto

awesome to hear that it is up and running, have been following this for a while.

are you planning on shielding/venting the pods? would have to be drawing some pretty warm air as they are now.

thats a temporary setup to get it running .

will be running 2 tubes with 45 degree bends so that pod filters will be behind headlight . shielding , thats a good idea too and will try it too

wow!! does it fit with with a bonnet? you really need to put this on a dyno!!!!

nup , after i took the pic , i went to shut the bonnet found front filter hitting . so put a longer bit of hose on it and sat it lower . also took off the afm thats not wired up .

dyno would be nice

am going to willowbank drags test and tune tommorrow night

Edited by dondesoto

are you gonna at least run some sort of a cai or a heat sheild over you extractors? i dont think that nice heat will do you any good.

looks very very interesting, have you done any work to the interneals? high c/r, cams etc???

steve

its rb25de head on rb30e block , using rb25de pistons , gives me 10.5-1 compression . still has stock cams with the vvt hooked up . have an adjustable cam gear on the exhaust cam .Still looking for cams at the elusive bargain price . Head is unmodified apart from port matching manifolds to head .

Yep will be re routing those inlets and shield them .

Edited by dondesoto

You may have issues with the VVT and high lift cams at such high compression levels. The timing doesnt have to be that far out for the valves to hit the piston crown in the RB25.

I was playing around yesterday to see how far out the timing has to be before they make contact... not much! And that vwas with standard cams...

sweet shall see out tonight then don.... still got some last minute things to do to mine so im leaving work soon... also have to make a 2 hour round trip to pick the bloody car trailer up....

i feel like an idiot... finished everything off went to fit the front runners and forgot i needed longer wheel studs.... went to the toold box and was 2 long studs short.... so they just arrived then on a one hour courier.... always dramas... gotta through it back together this arvo before i head out.

sweet shall see out tonight then don.... still got some last minute things to do to mine so im leaving work soon... also have to make a 2 hour round trip to pick the bloody car trailer up....

i feel like an idiot... finished everything off went to fit the front runners and forgot i needed longer wheel studs.... went to the toold box and was 2 long studs short.... so they just arrived then on a one hour courier.... always dramas... gotta through it back together this arvo before i head out.

IT HAPPENS

really looking forward to hearing ,seeing your car run tonight

That's some awesome work you have done there Don! It sounds like you have it running OK now, but I thought I would throw in my 2c that may or may not help.

If you take a look through the SAFC install guide you will see that there is some info on setting up different AFM combos (ie. non factory setups) for both GTR and VG30DETT motors which might help you. The one I'm thinking of is the 2 AFM conversion for the VG, where the 2 AFM voltages are set to be added together before being passed to the ECU. This might be a better way of going about it, as you can use the correct AFM resolution setting (RB25 instead of Q45). Just a thought.

hey mate how did u end up going last night?? sorry i didnt come say hi i wasnt in a very good mood last night, not much went right yesterday and i was keen to just get as many passes down ass i could.. only managed 1 clean full power pass, resulted in a 12.2 still should be more left in it hopefully.

Willowbank drags last night . Best of 14.4 @ 94.5 mph and a 1.96 60 ft . Am i bit dissapointed in those figures . All the more reason to put it on the dyno and get it sorted properly . Spose i shouldnt complain its the best times i,ve got , previous best 14.7 @ 92 mph .

hey mate how did u end up going last night?? sorry i didnt come say hi i wasnt in a very good mood last night, not much went right yesterday and i was keen to just get as many passes down ass i could.. only managed 1 clean full power pass, resulted in a 12.2 still should be more left in it hopefully.

sorry i didnt see or hear your car , next time .