SAU Community

R32 Stalling Issue "need A Straight Fix"

i have an R32 GTS-T and my stalling issue is when u punch it, then put your foot on the clutch the revs drop so low it stalls!

does any 1 know if

-adding a new ground to the fule pump will fix it? and can this kill the pump?

-a new o2 sensor? and AFM?

-vacume leak?

-a tune?

-cloged fule filter

anything i miss?

thanks,

What I would do is find someone who is able to run some diagnostics on the car to see whether there is a specific sensor/switch/actuator thats sh!t itself. Either a workshop or someone who can datalog using a CONSULT interface and who knows what they are looking at.

You might be able to isolate the problem quickly and easily, with minimal headscratching.

Edited by browny

i have an R32 GTS-T and my stalling issue is when u punch it, then put your foot on the clutch the revs drop so low it stalls!

One aspect of the ecu's operation that could cause stalling is if it fails to activate decelleration fuel cut recovery rpm control.

Say if you take you foot right off the throttle to stop at the lights the ecu stops the injectors while he car slows.

As it comes to a stop the injectors start operating again and the ecu holds the idle at about 1300 or so until the idle stabilises then it drops back to normal idle.

Sometimes, maybe when the ecu doesn't get the correct signal back from some sensor or other, this recovery control malfunctions causing either stalling or fast idle problems.

I'd like to see any explanations of possible causes of this. eg more detail on how decel. fuel cut recovery works or which sensors could be involved.

While I was typing my previous post I was thinking what sensors might cause a problem.

It occurred to me that the car should have a clutch pedal switch.

I went out to the garage to see it my r32 had one and there was one but it wasn't connected. I looked at the loom that was near it and I found a plug tucked back into the loom.

The wires reached the switch and it plugged straight in.

I don't know why it was disconnected but it looked deliberate.

Now I want to test drive it and see if I've fixed my longstanding crazy idle problem but I'm parked in for the night.

I'll check it out tomorrow if I get time.

Edited by B0oStEr

While I was typing my previous post I was thinking what sensors might cause a problem.

It occurred to me that the car should have a clutch pedal switch.

I went out to the garage to see it my r32 had one and there was one but it wasn't connected. I looked at the loom that was near it and I found a plug tucked back into the loom.

The wires reached the switch and it plugged straight in.

I don't know why it was disconnected but it looked deliberate.

Now I want to test drive it and see if I've fixed my longstanding crazy idle problem but I'm parked in for the night.

I'll check it out tomorrow if I get time.

I took it for a short drive this morning and it's a much smoother car to drive.

Before I put the plug into the switch the idle would come down in steps when I stop at the lights 1400, 1200, 700 over 5-10 seconds.

Now it drops straight to 700 and stays there.

It has also fixed the problem of the revs dropping too low during gear changes especially on the overrun when the fuel cut operates.

I've owned this car for nearly three years, I can't believe I didn't pick this up sooner.

One thing that puzzles me though is that the way the plug was tucked into the loom looks as though it was factory so maybe it has been this way from new.

Have a look guys and see if your clutchpedal switch is connected and let me know.