SAU Community

Raws Import General Rules

PJAuto

:mellow:

HI'YA GUYS n GALS OF THE GREAT REVHEAD COMMUNITY.

I NOTICED A LOT OF DIFFERENT OPINIONS ON HOW IMPORTING AND COMPLIANCE WORKS.

SOME ARE RIGHT, SOME ARE CLOSE AND SOME ARE WAY OFF.

I'M NOT SURE THAT I'M ALLOWED TO PUT UP MY WEBSITE HERE YET,

<removed due to violation of forum rules>

CHEERZ TO ALL...

PETER J.

:) RAWS COMPLIANCE WORKSHOP.

post-22921-1124895764.jpg

Hi Pete. If you wish to promote your business on here via posts, threads or PM, then please become a paying sponsor. Please contact either "PranK" or "Blitz" and they can help you through it.

Secondly, for the love of god, find the bloody caps lock key and turn it off.

And finally, please choose one of the following usernames:

PLAYER_300, PJAuto or Turbo_ZED and stick with one. I will be removing all the spam you've posted in other threads and too which don't contribute to the forum, and only advertise your business.

Cheers,

Shan, SAU Admin.

Hi Pete. If you wish to promote your business on here via posts, threads or PM, then please become a paying sponsor. Please contact either "PranK" or "Blitz" and they can help you through it.

Secondly, for the love of god, find the bloody caps lock key and turn it off.

And finally, please choose one of the following usernames:

PLAYER_300, PJAuto or Turbo_ZED and stick with one. I will be removing all the spam you've posted in other threads and too which don't contribute to the forum, and only advertise your business.

Cheers,

Shan, SAU Admin.

Yo Shan

sorry about the other log ins... couldn't quite work it out.

PJAuto will do fine.

anyhow, i made a spot sponsorship contribution

yesterday when i joined PJA up.

will get into the business side of things when i

have a bit more time.

also, it is not only my intention to promote my business.

i saw a lot of misguided information in here and thought to

be helpful by setting some things straight.

mentioning my RAW was more to add credibility to what i'm saying

regarding importation laws n regulations...

lol... i like CAPs... they get attention... plus you don't

have to use both hands,,, nor punctuate...

meantime, please help me out here

i noticed you removed some of the text because it

violated forum rules...

as i'm an "L" plater on forums,

can you tell me what rule(s) it violated

so i don't keep doing it and become a pest. (or chucked out)

i figured my information (being straight from the horse's mouth)

would have been appropriate in this forum...

:O

no worries Pete, I see you've made the token contribution to the forums, you are more than welcome to advertise your business on here now, but make sure its relavant to the discussion, or if you create a thread advertising the business that its in an appropriate section (Business Classifieds, Importing & Laws etc).

As for what I deleted out of your post, it was basically marketing speel promoting your business.

The rules are simple and we hope fairly easy to follow:

# Treat all members with respect and courtesy, we will ban any member(s) who make personal attacks, threats or mistreats any other member in anyway (discretion is up to the moderator at the time of the offence)

# No Spamming, this includes useless posts to increase posts, mass PM's and any mass advertising.

# No slander to be made towards businesses or individuals. We understand that if you have had a bad experience with a business you want to warn other people of said experience, at the same time any information that could be classed as slander or is an attempt in anyway to deter business from any individual or business on this website is the responsibilty of the owner of the website and all legal liability falls on said owner. Informing people via PM's is tolerated as it is not a public message. With this said, feel free to post any information about a business or individual that you have had good dealings with.

# All businesses are to contact PranK before advertising anything on these forums

That said, as a contributer you have permission to publicise your company, however that dosen't mean spamming on irrelevant threads etc. As a RAW your insight would definitely help our members, so please don't let this deter you from making informative posts.

And no Caps... as cool as they are... no caps. :)

i got a question, how long did it take for you to become a RAW??

i was altogether new to the whole importing business and at the time, neither the consulting engineers nor the department of transport even knew what they were doing... took well over a year...

nowdays, with the right consultation and funds availability it should take around 6 months...

no worries Pete, I see you've made the token contribution to the forums, you are more than welcome to advertise your business on here now, but make sure its relavant to the discussion, or if you create a thread advertising the business that its in an appropriate section (Business Classifieds, Importing & Laws etc).

As for what I deleted out of your post, it was basically marketing speel promoting your business.

The rules are simple and we hope fairly easy to follow:

# Treat all members with respect and courtesy, we will ban any member(s) who make personal attacks, threats or mistreats any other member in anyway (discretion is up to the moderator at the time of the offence)

# No Spamming, this includes useless posts to increase posts, mass PM's and any mass advertising.

# No slander to be made towards businesses or individuals. We understand that if you have had a bad experience with a business you want to warn other people of said experience, at the same time any information that could be classed as slander or is an attempt in anyway to deter business from any individual or business on this website is the responsibilty of the owner of the website and all legal liability falls on said owner. Informing people via PM's is tolerated as it is not a public message. With this said, feel free to post any information about a business or individual that you have had good dealings with.

# All businesses are to contact PranK before advertising anything on these forums

That said, as a contributer you have permission to publicise your company, however that dosen't mean spamming on irrelevant threads etc. As a RAW your insight would definitely help our members, so please don't let this deter you from making informative posts.

And no Caps... as cool as they are... no caps. :)

Cool, I'll do my best...lol...

Next question, I made a scoop purchase of some stainless steel 3" high flow cats to suit all the hot (and cold) Nissans...

I've sold quite a few on that *bay place but the REAL skyliners here are missing out.

To inform SAU members/readers, of this top deal, which section(s) will be appropriate in order to adhere to the reg's ???

post-22921-1125236976.jpg

you've been compliancing R33's since back in May 2004 or something haven't you? When did you guys start doing Delica's?

And how much do you charge for both?

I started with R33 in november 03 and delicas in october 04.

Looks like the 180SX will be on at around oct/nov this year and with

a bit (a big bit) of luck the swb Z32 by xmas...

The cost varies with volume, specific requirements of the owner and

the condition of the vehicle when it gets here.

Discounts and other considerations WILL of course apply to customers originating from SAU

My website ( www.japcars.com.au ) has much info including pricing structures, follow the "Pricing" link on the left of the page.

I also have good and inexpensive access to other services such as aftermarket rectification, for NSW importers we can do the blue slip certificate and for interstate importers a few ideas that can greatly simplify the process.

Also, as of recently, access to almost every auction house in Japan, with useful info and examples of recent sales and costings on the website.

PS... Can I put a link to SAU on my website ???

Cool, if you've got competitive prices we can recommend a few of J-Spec's clients in NSW use you guys when they import R33's or Delica's.

PS... Can I put a link to SAU on my website ???

Go nuts mate, we don't really have any graphics or anything though... I'd say use the banner up the top or something.

Why post grade R and A cars that have had big hits, they shouldnt come in and I think personaly they shouldnt be posted showing price.

I am only stating as per the RAWS guide.

SKYLINE BCNR33 1995 77 WHITE MT5 A 5/7/2005 1,320,000 sold in Kyushu-G for 976,000 car cost with different wheels.

It went f*kuoka then Gold then Toyko it went everywere, I used the vin number to track it.

Why post grade R and A cars that have had big hits, they shouldnt come in and  I think personaly they shouldnt be posted showing price.

I am only stating as per the RAWS guide.

SKYLINE BCNR33 1995 77 WHITE MT5 A 5/7/2005 1,320,000 sold in  Kyushu-G for 976,000 car cost with different wheels.

It went f*kuoka then Gold then Toyko it went everywere, I used the vin number to track it.

Hi DRIFT...

Just because a car is graded A, R, even O, does not necessarily mean it had a big hit. Many times they are graded so due to replacement of panels, fitting of body kits, major modificatios and/or based on what the seller/consignor tells the auction when they sell or consign the car. Also, grade to condition relationship tends to differ from auction to auction.

For example, I recently bought my 180SX sample vehicle from USS tokyo graded 4C. When the car got here, my estimate is 3.5B...

An R car we bought last year came in and my estimate was 3.5/4B easy... Had had replaced guards, front bumper/ headlights grill and bootlid because they had been stolen in Japan several years earlier (out of the owners own garage) and replaced immaculately. We'd never have known, except he chose to tell the auction rep when he sold the car.

My aim here is mostly to INFORM the buyer of what they are buying and to show them that "good/genuine" AND "low kms" AND "cheap" is a rare combination.

The RAWS Guidelines relate only to "Structural Damage"... There is no law that says that a car can not have had panel damage repaired or panels replaced. As a matter of fact, the car can have current non structural damage and still be complied.

This is where the Japanese agent becomes the key to the operation and why we pay him so much money...

He thouroughly inspects the cars we target and reports back before we bid. Our guy has steered us away from many grade 3.5 and 4 cars that had hidden damage and has picked up a few R cars that were graded so only because of panel replacement.

Over 100 vehicles imported in the past 3 years, some Rs, a couple of As, there has not been even 1 bad car.

One of my customers imported an immaculate low km grade 4A R33 series 2 M early last year. Paid biiig bucks for it,,, Guess what, his agent missed the wrinkles on the inner skirts and the car had to go back to Japan... It happens...

Anyhow, having said all that, the vehicles posted on the site are examples only... They serve to show the difference between the cost of a Good Genuine car and the ones with previous damage history.

I am not suggesting anyone buys these, especially since they are already sold.

However, don't be surprised if you see many of these cars, especially the GTR you mentioned above, pop up for sale by some dealer or importer here in Aus, posing as a high grade low km car for $40g or something....

I'm currently constructing a new website "WWW.JAPCARS.NET.AU" which will be the buying information site. I'd better set up categories such as:"recomended" and "not recomended" cars...LOL...

Anyone buys a car through me, will participate in the arduous and frustrating process of elimination, until we get the best car his/her money can buy...

CHEERZ

Peter

I know what you are saying put putting 350,000 yen on for FOB is high as I said.

It is a big scam that a lot of people are realising happens Japan side from some of the exporters.

If only I could post evidence of this happening from local brokers websites.

It would absolutely SHIT you to tears.

Don’t we pay our brokers to look out for us? As they been in this industry for god knows how long, hold all the vital information on the *inside* and more importantly have the experience. Fu ck

You can not tell me they aren’t aware of this. They don’t care. It’s an additional $$$ to them, less work, and less cost to them over in Japan, when they communicate with the auction sites. Mind you, you’re more than likely already paying for this in your fees. Just they don’t need to pass this on, more $$$ in there pocket. Wouldn't surprise me.

Edited by re2

post-22921-1126091657.jpgpost-22921-1126091723.jpg

If only I could post evidence of this happening from local brokers websites.

It would absolutely SHIT you to tears.

Don’t we pay our brokers to look out for us? As they been in this industry for god knows how long, hold all the vital information on the *inside* and more importantly have the experience. Fu ck

You can not tell me they aren’t aware of this. They don’t care. It’s an additional $$$ to them, less work, and less cost to them over in Japan, when they communicate with the auction sites. Mind you, you’re more than likely already paying for this in your fees. Just they don’t need to pass this on, more $$$ in there pocket. Wouldn't surprise me.

PMSL... Yes, I see it day in and day out...

Poor people ending up with 96 r33's owing them $23 - $24k ....

Because no one shows them the actual after-sale auction form...

I guess the importers / agents that rip their customers off, will be shortlived in this business...

My guy over there costs 30-40,000 yen more than the (advertised) average FOB, however, I don't at all mind paying as I always know what I'm getting for my $$$.

...ON A MORE PLEASANT NOTE:

...HOORAY.... MY BLACK BEAST ARRIVED...

TOOK HER FROM DOCK TO QUARANTINE TODAY...

SHOULD BE SHOWING THESE GTR's A THING OR 2 BY Xmas... LOL...

How are these imports graded, what is an A, R or O grade?

(From someone who is new to importing...)

A or R would normaly not looked at and O needs to be inspected by somebody who knows what they are doing, O not seen often and it might just be a front mount to give it the grading.

GRADE

VEHICLE CONDITION

9 under 3 months old with less than 500 km's - as new

8 under 6 months old with less than 1,000 km's - as new

7 under 1 years old with less than 10,000 km's - near new

6 under 3 years old with less than 10,000 km's - near new

5 any age with less than 50,000 km's - near perfect condition

4.5 better than grade 4 (often grade 5 with 50,000+ km's)

4 may need very minor repair or clean

3.5 may require a few small repairs or have high km's

3 average condition for it's age, probably has some repairs needed

2 poor condition, badly rusted or in need of major repair

1 heavily modified car (sometimes used for flood damage also)

A previous accident repair (generally high quality, but not always)

RA very high quality accident repair or very minor accident (almost impossible to see repairs)

B large accident, poor quality accident repair or generally very bad condition

A1 accident repaired car that is also heavily modified, or very minor accident repair

** current accident damage, still in need of repair, stolen & recovered, etc

• 3 weeks later...
post-22921-1126091657.jpgpost-22921-1126091723.jpg

PMSL... Yes, I see it day in and day out...

Poor people ending up with 96 r33's owing them $23 - $24k ....

Because no one shows them the actual after-sale auction form...

I guess the importers / agents that rip their customers off, will be shortlived in this business...

My guy over there costs 30-40,000 yen more than the (advertised) average FOB, however, I don't at all mind paying as I always know what I'm getting for my $$$.

I agree mate. I spoke to at least a dozen agents before I decided to go with PowerPlay imports. They were straight up with me from the start and showed me in detail the driveaway cost of the vehicle. We worked out a budget and got me the best car I could afford.