SAU Community

Child restrain over speakers??

pushead

First thing, this forum rocks and everyone helps.. just wanna say thanks to the ones who really helped me out :wave:

I've got another problem... :D

The damn compliance guys has placed the "Child Restrain" medal plate right over my speakers as seem from the pic I have attached.

What can I do to it? they even weild the bolt below it so its hard for me to remove it. :(

pwoah who complianced your car? that looks very half arsed. Most of the ones I've seen are neatly tucked away.

I'll get pics of mine if u want.

Then again, sumone told me for R33's your restraints have to go across the speaker cover, wheras on 32's they jus go on the side

My r33 had the same restraint system on it, and i removed it straight away i got it complianced. That bracket can be removed with a little mucking around. You'll have to remove the rear seats and you will be able to remove the bracket with ease.

Shouldn't take longer than 15 minutes.

Cheers

WoooHOO!!! Done, after spending a good 4 hours I finally removed the "Child Restrain Thingy" and installed some new Sony 3 ways 6 1/2.. Will post some pics of it soon..

Thanks for all your help guys.

@JAGR33: I removed the child restrain completely and read through the compliance once again...it is part of it so you will definitely need it..thats if the TOG units (Traffic Operations Group) won't pull you over and give you a canarie on your car :)

The damn compliance guys has placed the "Child Restrain" medal plate right over my speakers as seem from the pic I have attached.

I would go and kick their arses.. what a dodgy job, sorry to say. These bastards obviously just couldnt be stuffed doing it neatly and proply :uh-huh:

a car needs to have these restraints fitted during compliancing to make it road worthy... , i removed mine the very first day, however they were not through/over the speaker, rather in the parcel shelf next to them.

yup i took mine out and i took the little alpine badge on the dd drive speaker covers and glued it over the hole where the bolt went through, now it looks like an alpine speaker of sorts, plus the r33 covers look quite good in the series II, not sure of the series 1, they are massive and look like 6x9 covers so the alpine badge fits nicely.

i was so annoyed cos when the speakers went in the bracket fell directly into the tweeter which sucked.

anyways until i get pulled its all good.

• 4 weeks later...