SAU Community

Racepace Address

justin911

• 2 weeks later...
I'm in the same sitcho, I heard only good things about Race Pace and I just recently bought a PFC.

I'm not looking for mega horse power, just something that runs nicely.

Who would be best to tune a PFC other than ICE.

hey michael,

go see dr drift, (sam)

0425 818 755

he tunes my car and does heaps of PFC.

The best GTST I have seen is owned by Lee Wilson who works for AVO in Cheltenham.

Steve from AVO will be attending our next club meeting (just as a visitor) and hopefully Lee will be having a chat at the October meeting about his car and what they have done to it down at AVO.

Here's a link to them.

http://www.avoturbo.com/index.html

that thing is damn quick....why is it the only other GTST i can try and play with is owned by a workshop, people like me are just born losers i guess :D

It runs a Link and a 3540 on a std RB25, hope its at Maserati day as last time out was its first go with the new turbo and susp setup

Hey on the AVO Website it has a recent trip to Winton where it ran a 1.37.4.

Thats the same time as Scotsman ran on the weekend to put it into perspective.

Infact from memory he beat Scotsman at Sandown that day (but Chris did have a gearbox failure so didn't get a full days running) but I think it ran a 1.23 that day which sure aint slow.

I wouldnt be surprised if at Maserati he is running in the 1:21s,

He has the good gear, and talking to him at Sandown was still finding his way with the new turbo setup/tune and new susp. Following him down the straights, whilst it blew my doors off, it dint walk away from me in a straight line, but combined with Lee being better under brakes, through corners and the extra bit of talent left me 3 seconds behind...the car is way more then 3 seconds quicker then me

Thats the same time as Scotsman ran on the weekend

Does this mean I need to spend more money?

Hey on the AVO Website it has a recent trip to Winton where it ran a 1.37.4.

My best is still a 1.37.2, so he's not there just yet. I think if it didn't rain on the weekend I could have got a 1m36, but the track didn't have the temp or grip in it. And my brain only had guiness in it! But a good comparison snowie.

Also a good comparison is the Black Ferarri 550 with slicks that ran a 1m 37.003 on the weekend.

Does this mean I need to spend more money?

Yep.

Since Im 2-3s faster than you but still 2-3s slower than Frank I'm in no mans land. Was half the reason I went home on Sunday as I knew I wasn't going to get beat by anyone other than Frank but knew you couldn't get near me.

So go get some 2530's god dam it!! LOL

that thing is damn quick....why is it the only other GTST i can try and play with is owned by a workshop, people like me are just born losers i guess :P

It runs a Link and a 3540 on a std RB25, hope its at Maserati day as last time out was its first go with the new turbo and susp setup

Stock internals??

On 1 of the supersprints it went past the 550 on the straight quite easily

Yep, stock internals...but keep in mind i pulled time on the Fuz at Sandown as well as i was getting out of the corners much better )even with a shagged diff). So i was pulling away almost up until the start/finish line when it was able to just about hold him....and the AVO car was much quicker aout of the corners and down the straight then both if us....i think there was a session when Lee overtook the Ferrari only to th enext lap overtake me and a WRX on the front straight....i got baulked by the WRX that moved over for him but at the end of the day there was no way i was going to stay with him...

oh and yeh, Racepace uses windex when cleaning his wheels...just to keep it on topic.

Aaron already ran a 1.22.3 in his R34 which still has stock turbos and even stock suspension.

Sure made me look like a hack.

LOL...thats quick. But makes comparison a bit hard. No std turb R32 GTRs getting around, so R33 is the best we can compare to...R34 is completely different vintage, and Skylines dont get better with age :P

im just curious to know how close a similar power GTST can get to a similarily modded GTR...but the spend you boys have got going im going to have to wait for Ferni to get the dollars rolling thru Racepace.

As soon as you guys upgrade anything more then susp and tyres i dont think a GTST can stand a chance... but thats ok, one day i will have blown up every part on my car so it will soon effectively be a 2002 model anyway

I definatly wont have 2530's by sandown mate!

And i'm keen to see if I can crack that 1.22 first wih current setups as I havn't had many laps at Sandown still.

But i'm sick of my current power already. So will need to look at something soon.

So circuit racing is pretty popular around here..

I am racing the victorian series of formula ford next year, vic rounds are at sandown and phillip island.

I would definately like to have a spin around the tracks for some preparation before competing next season.

My car is pretty much standard. Would it still be good enough to have a hoon in.. safely? without blowing anything up?

But i'm sick of my current power already.  So will need to look at something soon.

You obviously have skills behind the wheel...do you want to drive the getaway car whilst i run inside a few pubs, servos etc and do some armed stick ups?

Your not scary enough looking or soundign to help me with the standover side of things, but i need to visit a few local small businesses, i can always give you a run and see how you go