SAU Community

R33 - 9 Inch Front, 10.5 Inch Rear

Probably not mate, i have a dumped car on 18's 235s (only 8 inches) and they JUST miss at the rear, so goodluck with your 10.5" rims at the rear. Also at the front, goodluck again, you cant even lower a skyline more then 2.75- 3" on the front with 235's and your 245's that you want will make it even harder.

So, its do-able, you wont be able to drive the car at all though you'll literally have no steering. If your going to do it at all the maximum i suggest would be 235's all around on 3" lowered springs.

Dayne

I know 8.5 inches on the front and 9.5 inches on the rear with a low ride height (not low by most people standards, I'm taking DUMPED - on the rim with 18s / sub 50 odd mm of ground clearance sort of low) is doable. But I wanna know how much further I can push it.

Anyone know for sure?

Edited by [SPESHAL]

like your wrx low? :D

i reckon you can dump it to that level, ive got alot of play with my 8.5/9" front/rear on teins (im at about 90mm now, but the gaurds have a fair bit of room still left in them, and the suspension has a good 120mm left in it :D)

Probably not mate, i have a dumped car on 18's 235s (only 8 inches) and they JUST miss at the rear, so goodluck with your 10.5" rims at the rear. Also at the front, goodluck again, you cant even lower a skyline more then 2.75- 3" on the front with 235's and your 245's that you want will make it even harder.

So, its do-able, you wont be able to drive the car at all though you'll literally have no steering. If your going to do it at all the maximum i suggest would be 235's all around on 3" lowered springs.

Dayne

Its all about the off-set. You can make 10" wide rims fit and make 8" wide rims not fit, if you have the wrong offset.

8.5" front is piss easy, 10 rear shouldn't cause you much troubles, might need to go some jap drift spec camber to squeeze them under tho, mine has had to have a decent whack of neg. camber to fit under.

sold the rex yet?

glad you've come over from the dark side! :D

,31 Aug 2005, 06:30 PM]As the title suggests, can you go this wide with 18's or 19s on a 33 GTs-T?

I'm looking for the Jap style mega dish, rim close to guard, dumped ride, style....

If so, what sort of offset should I be looking for?

I know 8.5 inches on the front and 9.5 inches on the rear with a low ride height (not low by most people standards, I'm taking DUMPED - on the rim with 18s / sub 50 odd mm of ground clearance sort of low) is doable. But I wanna know how much further I can push it.

So basically you don't care that the car will handle like shit, ride like a bucking horse, won't stop, and will loose about 25bhp due to the lousy drive shaft angles. You don't want to drive it because it will get an instant defect, HighUndies will out drag you and MB A180's will out corner you. You just want to sit and look at it.

Each to his own I guess.

:D cheers :D

Edited by Sydneykid

Yeah Mitch, I've sold it. Was a good car and wish i didn't have to sell it!

Thanks for your input Sydneykid, much appreciated. ;) I've owned numerous cars with that sort of ride height, daily driven, and don't mind one bit.

The sort of setup I'm looking at is similar to the ex JMS R33, maybe a touch lower. That seemed to handle ok.

Edited by [SPESHAL]

ah k.. yeah they are nice cars, my housemate has a green 95' wrx, you might know him (SIKEM REX).

i doubt you will have too much trouble with driveabilty, mines solid on the road at this height. id like it a bit lower, but ive had enough canary's, don't know how you got away with the bugeye :O

• 2 weeks later...
So basically you don't care that the car will handle like shit, ride like a bucking horse, won't stop, and will loose about 25bhp due to the lousy drive shaft angles.  You don't want to drive it because it will get an instant defect, HighUndies will out drag you and MB A180's will out corner you. You just want to sit and look at it.

Each to his own I guess.

:( cheers  :)

Actually, for drift, from my own experience, I've found that a wider wheel base makes the car a lot more stable, so there is an advantage here in going wide rims with low offsets. My car isn't exactly dumped on it's arse though, I still have 10cm clearance so it's legal height (with stock front bar)

And [sPESHAL] just incase your interested, I had a go at putting some 18x10 -1 offset SSR gartmiers on my skyline, just to see how they looked. SK does have a very good point about DEFECTs it was scary stuff driving past a cop car with this. But as i said, I just wanted to see how they looked, they are stupid for road use...

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19/merli...12/IM000070.jpg

http://photobucket.com/albums/y19/merlinda...nt=IM000081.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19/merli...12/IM000091.jpg

you could always flare the guards. dont lower it, get bolt on guards as they put the wheel arch in a lower position out further, and then get a deep deep kit like a bn sports or something to give the impression that its dumped.

i too have found the wider rims/increased track better for drift, making the wheel track wider helps to stop spinning, makes it a bit harder to kick out, but easier to hold out there.

i have 18x8+30 and 18x9+35 with 1.5" dish on the front and about 2.5" dish on the rear, i always wanted to step up to 9 and 10" wide, but decent 2nd hand tyres are hard to come across in anything bigger than a 235 which barely fits a 9" rim.

cheers

Linton

okay here's a question for you guys

r33 gts-t

18x9.5 +22mm offset front and rear

275/35/18s front and rear

JIC FLT-A2 coilovers

JIC RUCAs

running 3.0 degrees of negative camber up front

2.0 degrees of negative camber in the rear

front and rear fenders pulled as far as possible before the paint starts to crack

still think they won't fit after all of that work???

Thanx in advance

Late,

Daniel

thanx for the link. i know about the offset calculators already though :)

my question doesn't pertain to whether or not the wheels will fit with that offset......its more of a question of whether or not people think they will fit with that offset AND the fender mods I plan on doing to the car :P

Late,

Daniel