SAU Community

Intercooler Fitted

R32Abuser

Why should i be surprised... the S14 is basically stock besides a pod and a bit of boost? correct me if im wrong, but a 32 gts-t is about 1260Kg-1280kg....S14 is around the low 1200-1250 bit mark...right? weight isnt exactly an issue then.....moreso the torque factor....but surely the exhuast, cooler, etc. etc. should be make the RB20DET pull away from the SR on a freeway in 3rd (legal speeds of course :P ) Let me kno if u think otherwise...

Boost controller should cause boost to come in earlier should it? plus i can wind boost to wat say 12-14 PSI if im up for it.....that should fix this problem of lag should it??

also fitting a heat shielded pod could possibly bring more power out?!

i have a similiar problem with my FMIC i installed on saturday...

i seem to have less torque but the boost has definately increased, feels less laggy with boost coming on quicker, and there are flat spots thru the rev range with a huge one when cold...overall power loss is obvious, engine doesnt feel as strong :O

i guess i am sufering from the series2 R33 GTS-T computer problem with the ECU running rich and retarding timing...

just ordered a Power FC to remedy the problem.. ;)

Many years ago when I had a bar and plate fmic fitted I noticed a slight decrease in throttle response, mainly getting it up on boost in first and second. However 3rd gear + it actually felt as if it had picked up power once it was reving and was much more consistent.

I used to run 15psi, 17degree's timing 164rwkw.

On 12.5psi it ran a shade over 20degree's timing - 152rwkw.

The S14's go pretty well with simple mods such as exhaust and boost. To be honest I thought the s14 would be slightly quicker than a r32 with similiar mods.

91+ model R32s weigh slightly over 1300kg's. 89/90 models are high 1200's. Definitely not low to mid 1200's.

cubes is right.

see his stats.

I used to run 15psi, 17degree's timing 164rwkw.

On 12.5psi it ran a shade over 20degree's timing - 152rwkw.

now the S14 is lighter than the R32.

and

my S14 was producing 175rwkw with cooler, exhaust, pod 14.5psi and SAFC.

and is lighter than the r32.

so again, THAT is why your R32 with a fmic, pod, exhaust and 12 psi will not pull away from an S14 with exhaust pod and bit more boost.

it's the R31, R32 and R33 turbo's that have ceramic exhaust wheels.

my S14 was the original shape before the upgraded headlights.

if I had a powerfc, it would have pulled about 180-185rwkw on 15-16 psi boost.

I'd like to see a stock turbo R32 GTST do that with ecu, fmic and the rest of the supporting mods.

anyway, as people have said, increase the boost and timing if you can, while on a dyno with a A:F ratio reader up it's tail pipe to make sure it is all safe.

most boost controller (electronic or bleed valve) will make the boost come on a little earlier.. however, there are some that work better than others.

if you are on a budget, maybe try the one that people are raving about in a thread called "$22 boost controller" or something simimlar.

I think the price is about $45 now but stacks of people are extremely pleased with it and thye rave on about how it brings on boost so much earlier.

good luck..

Edited by GTST