SAU Community

To Dump Or Not To Dump

Bobjones

Zyomtic, I will see what they can make up for me, I have a LARGE, read HUGE rear muffler only at the moment (and cat obviously) made by 5Zigen. The exhaust is quiet and not droney at all, before I tried a different muffler and it drone like a MOFO.

Its the rear muff that makes the difference so I will see what a split dump will do...

Go CES dude....i recently ordered one for my s15.

To make a long story short....the CES unit has been bread with quality and performance in mind and has proven dyno results...just search the many forums on the net and u will see what i mean.

If your like me, i like to do the job once and do it right....thats why i went for the CES unit, i don't see any point in stuffing around with the cheaper copies....waste of money in my opinion.

I must say the CES unit is still quite expensive but hey, that is the price you pay for performance!

Marketing people have a term for that, it's called conspicious consumerism.

I'd go the BOS one. BATMBL is a great guy to deal with and the dumppipes he supplies look as if they are from good design (seperate runner atleast 40mm from wastegate). I haven't got one purely for the reason I have a sr20 in a cefiro and that's not exactly an off the shelf part.

I agree with that...

My cat back to rear muffler (I wanted to remove the jap section that included a middle muffler as it was too quiet), including flange joints, gasket bolt etc, all madrel bent mild steel cost me the huge sum of $80...

Atleast the BOS one has the O2 sensor hole on the top...and the welds look alright too...

the BOS copy....is just that...a copy!

does not deliver anywhere near the performance and durability of the CES system...sorry. The weld's and tapering of the pipe are no where near as smooth as the CES product, BOS also lacks the other hidden extra's that come with CES D/T which i will leave you to do your research on.

Anywayz dude....it's ur decision in the end!

Edited by SpecRPlaya

If they are hidden then how is anyone to find out.

The welds look fine, yes the taper on the BOS is sharper and thus in theory at least not as flow orientated.

I started this thread to GET information so please share it with everyone. You have bought the CES one and yes I agree that the quality is better otherwise you would never sell a product for that price.

The 02 sensor however does need to be above horizontal to work, that is fact. I am considering a custom one is mild steel, as I know the people I should be able to get it done relatively cheaply.

I also want the wastegate pipe to go in line with the main pipe and enter the main pipe at the front of the bend at the bottom, if you know what I mean...

the BOS copy....is just that...a copy!

does not deliver anywhere near the performance and durability of the CES system...sorry. The weld's and tapering of the pipe are no where near as smooth as the CES product, BOS also lacks the other hidden extra's that come with CES D/T which i will leave you to do your research on.

Anywayz dude....it's ur decision in the end!

And that would effect the power output of the stock turbo by how many poofteenth's??

oh, we're up to page 2! Guess it must be friday arvo :)

pretty amazing figure on the S15 eh!

droney it was, because it didn't include a resonator

loud yes but I have read on here that resonators don't

counteract loud nearly as much as droney.

Bottomline - its worth paying extra $100 or wateva to get

one installed

Another thing to avoid is cannons, just get a standard high

flo muffler - as long as it flows 3 inches i guess + cannons

are gay.

please let me know the results of your enquiries to Beedhams

about there dumps Bob/Neill cos if they are good I might go

there also, don't suppose I could mention your name to Bobby

and get a discount?

Edited by zymotic

not telling! :(

thats not nice <_<

Mention my name to Bobby, he probably would not remember me until I turn up...he is not the best with names...but never forgets a face!!!

Its also good that a very good mate send him alot of work, damn Redcliffe, its like another society.

I will see what Bobby can come up with, it will be after Jambo as I have other work to finish on others cars before then...

• 3 weeks later...