SAU Community

Which Tuning Workshop?

ybnvus

which tuning workshop?  

5 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

im just interested because im planning to get a car woked on overseas in japan preferably and i wanted to know what workshop everybody thought was the best ive searched on the net founds some reasonable and well known tuners but im wondering incase i have missed out on any so give us your opinion, this poll can also be treated as a means to discuss which tuner is the best in japan, so far for me its HKS and VEILSIDE most people i talk to think VEILSIDE is only a producer of body mods but i have seen their workshop on a High Octane DVD and they have built many complete packages.

So you're asking people what they think of a workshop that they've never ever been to, let alone had work done by them??? Mate in all honesty it's be better to use babelfish whatever to translate your request into Japanese and post it up on a Japanese BBS forum... and good luck on getting a reply! :D

I've had all my work done by my local SuperAutobacs and one small local garage called Furukawa Auto. When I was contemplating an engine overhaul last year, I was thinking about getting Garage Endless to do it, but their additional fees (ontop of parts and labour!) just blew me away. They managed to quote me the total job price 300,000 yen + 80,000 yen (A$950) for... aaah... nothing? I *shudder* to think what Veilside would do to your hip pocket all in the name of 'notoriety'.

depends on what you need done to the car? as all the above is a broad category of workshop.... and yeah as rezz said most ppl here including myself have not dealt with these companies but more like giving you opinions on who they like....

HKS: pretty much all rounder with their own parts so rest assured your car will be pretty much HKSed out....

Top Secret: its no secret this is the wangan workshop... top end monsters... also of late drift and some track...

Veilside: body shop as well as drag monster makers... also of late drift has entered their vision... they are even expensive by japanese standards so unless you have money dont bother...

Other: where are you at? what do you want to set up the car for? what car are you gonna do up? how much is your budget?

well let me know then i can dig up many other reputable shops in your area....

masahiro

Why go to Japan to get a car tuned/built?

There is probaly plenty of good tuners in Australia ...

If I am not mistaken they have been racing and building Nissan /Mazda etc in Australia for some time.

If you should get it up to say Top Secret spec with complete engine etc...

Bare engine is 33000 AUD for TS RB26 2.8L+cost for work.

Probaly the same for complete engine from Mine`s.

You could get the car built locally and fly over a tuner from

Japan to tune it?

Edited by CircusMonkey