SAU Community

First Car

anthony750

The reason so many people like Twin Cam Rollas is because they're so damn sweet.

My little brother used to have one and I loved it. With a 7700rpm redline they love to be abused and if you get the revs right, you won't have any problems beating "vl's and shit".

He took out many cars far more powerful than him partially due to skill and partially due to the opponent not knowing their full potential.

This was the AE82 variety. If I was ever after a small car, it'd be an AE82 Twin Cam for sure.

I think they only came with one engine (rb30de). Make sure its not a pintara, they look similar. thats the 3.0ltr OHC straight 6 from the vl commo.

Rollas are pretty subjective. The 4age is a solid little engine so if its been owned by a grandma it could be fine at 250,000 but if its been in japan and been given a hard life it might be near dead at 150,000.

Jap ks are double our ks in my opinion. They drive shorter runs, harder. No long roads.

get a compression test done to be sure.

Edited by Boostzor

Local spec R31 skylines had the RB30e. 3l 6cyl, makes about 115 at the fly. good motor with quite alot of potential.

There was also the R31 pintara, which is the same car apart from the driveline. it had the ca20, a n/a 4cyl 2l. you can see its different fomr the skylines by its grille (amongst other things).

Imports had a few different engines, but mostly the redtop Rb20.

You can get a Passage or coupe HR31 (import R31) for under $10k with a turbo engine..

With some work, they go as hard as most other imports, and something a little bit different.

Parts may be a bit difficult to track down, but are available.