SAU Community

Boost Restrictor

gun32gtr

who here as taken there boost restrictor out of the GTR?  

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Umm, fragile 12-15years old ceramic wheeled turbos a good enough reason? ;)

yeah, i did...then i spent a few grand on a new set of turbos... :(

restrictor is good i thought coz it allows to run .7bar as a minimum instead of .9-1bar minimum...

post-12416-1127011475.jpg

Edited by oRiCLe

The problem is, its impossible to say (with any accuracy) if the ceramic wheels will definately let go or definately be fine once the boost restrictor is removed.

My 0.02c is don't remove it unless you are happy to run the risk of blowing one or both of your turbos. If they blow, your looking at about 2000-3000 in parts (for new items) plus installation. Of course if they blow and take out your engine, your up for double that.

That's a rather expensive risk to take in my books.

when you say it like that its probably not worth it hey

i was thinking is it woth the effort of taking out the restrictor as to how much more power you will get lol.

1st gtr i took it out.. and it went fine and still gets around fine these days

2nd gtr - it was out when i got it.... the motor has now died however the issues arnt directly related

3rd gtr - its in and staying in as long as i have it

i guess i just mean, taking it out will give notable gains, i wasnt really concerned of the risks when i did it because i didnt add up the costs etc.. also in a HPI mag i saw a write up on how to get more power from a gtr, they did it to there gtr and the results sucked me in

can u put it back in if u remove it????

lol :lol:

i just had a huge argument with a couple of people about this sort of thing..

see thread> why was my GTR running so much boost. mainly the last page!! :P

ps. for temporary solution disconnecting the hose the the boost solenoid will result in running stock boost (if no boost controller is installed)

now i have started it here! :lol: sorry guys

my turbos have run over 40,000ks, a few track days at 1-1.1bar boost making 260rwkw. I'm back down to 0.7bar now for unrelated reasons, and its so slow!

But it is luck of the draw, some turbos may die at 1bar, some may last forever.