SAU Community

My Dyno Tuning Results @ Bromspec

satanic

Well I'm not 100% sure on this one... but apparently its where the AUTO kicks in? I found this kinda strange as well - if someone has any ideas please share?

How good would a smooth curve straight up and above the original line be :O

Well I'm not 100% sure on this one... but apparently its where the AUTO kicks in?  I found this kinda strange as well - if someone has any ideas please share?

How good would a smooth curve straight up and above the original line be :O

As it gets hot, the auto slips a bit more, hence you tend to get slightly lower power readings. Coupla kw, not a big deal.

:) cheers :)

Just thought I'd follow a lot of people and tell all about my dyno tuning experience today...  had my R34GTT tuned at Bromspec Performance (Brookvale) by Justin from Haltech/Tweakit.  ECU was the stocker + SAFCII D1 Limited Edition.

First Power Run: 171.5rwkw

Final Power Run: 194.6rwkw

Final Power Gain: 23.1rwkw

Total Runs for Tune: 15~20

Total Time: ~ 60 minutes

Total Cost: $160.00

I am very very pleased with the results; especially since my rather shocking result at the Dumar Dyno Day (27/08/05) and its good to see that money has been well spent since then :P  Also like to thank Bromspec Performance and Justin for doing such a great job at such short notice (basically just caled them up and told them I'd be there 15 :))

AFRs are also fixed now to a flat 12.5 instead of the 10.6 - 11.3 I got in the past.  This will make fuel economy better, though I think with the new power it won't make much difference :D

Inch by inch we are getting closer to that magical 250rwkw number... now in an AUTO, that would be FAN-BLOODY-MARVELLOUS :lol:

[DYNO GRAPHS TOMORROW - NO SCANNER @ HOME]

FREE PLUG FOR BROMSPEC PERFORMANCE:

19 Orchard Road

Brookvale NSW 2100

T: 02 9939 4980

W: http://www.bromspecbmw.com

I put my car on the DYNO today at TODO performance. My first run was weak 143.4kw on 7psi, so i upped the boost to 12 and got 184.4

mods i got so far is Apexi 3 inch exhaust, Drift Pod Filter ( CRAP going to put standard box back in ) and The ECU has been tuned by Mines. but im running a 2 inch dump pipe. what power should i be getting im aiming for 200kw dont really want to buy FMIC right now.

Stan - nice work mate - definately higher than when we were at DAT wasn't it..

Makes me wanna do some stuff.. however i'll hold off.. i'm happy with 156kw..

$160 + SAFC2 + Intercooler + Turbotech = 40kw gain.. can't complain there.. any more than that your $$'s start going up I think.. careful of the tranny as everyone said..

enjoy mate..

Ed - what's wrong with a Mine's ECU? And more importantly where can one get one :)

Links - you forgot about the new sparkies and oil that made the car do 100kw more alone :P;):(

Yeah, being very mindful of the gearbox... thanks everyone for your feedback - those who are about to tune, we salute you!

Ed - what's wrong with a Mine's ECU?  And more importantly where can one get one :P

Mines ECU's are typically a custom tune for a specific setup on any given car, so you never know what exactly what they've been tuned for or what effect subsequent mods will have on the way the car runs. Or at least, that was the case with my car.

My R33 had one when it came over from Japan and it wasn't too bad, but it seemed to be running pretty rich (probably due to the higher octane levels in Japanese fuel). I ended up selling it and bought a PFC instead.

You should be getting over 200 then...  I am assuming yours is an auto as well?  143.4kw at 7psi is rather low...  my first dyno run ever on a rather stockish setup came up with 156kw?

Yeah it's auto, hard to find a manual. So what do you think is making me lose so much power, could it be the mods with the car. All the modifications so far were already in when i bought it. Do you have anyway of helping me getting my power back before i get a Dyno tune?

Hey ECR033 did you get a tune yesterday? A friend of mine with a white R34 was talking about your exact setup and figures today...

He explained what a Mines ECU is and it's all clear now. I'd say just get a SAFCII or something to correct whatever the Mines isn't.

As for the power figure, I can't say to be honest... I don't know enough just yet to comment. :P Perhaps one of the gentlemen here can...