SAU Community

Mannix Vs Autowatch

Kennedy

Hey Guys,

Just on the hunt for some security adn was wodering which was better? I understand the Mannix is 2 way system but what sort of info does it send back to the little PDA thingy>?

Also...prices and best places to get them for both items would be awesome

Cheers

I know im selling a brand new Mannix haha i wont say anything about the Autowatch cause i know nothing about it.. heres the mannixs features

Found these two sites selling it too.. so $250 is fair!

http://www.360carcustoms.com/maalwilcd.html

http://www.autoaccessorystore.com/home.asp?dir=detail&id=440

MANNIX

ALARM & IMMOBILISER WITH TWO WAY LCD PAGER AND REMOTE START

"Mannix™, One Of The Most Advanced Car Alarms In The World"

* Parking Timer On the LCD Remote : Parking Meter on Your Palm. When driving, Show the Driving Time Automatically.

* Defrost Output Activate the defrost mode to melt the snow on your rear window.

* Engine Start Reservation: Remote Start automatically on the time you set every morning.

* Aux. 1 & Aux. 2 for the custom installation like Window Roll Up or Door Pop--- 007 Movie !

* Anti Hi-Jacking :When hijacked, you can shot down the engine from your remote.

* Cold Start : Auto remote start and shot down

System Features

* 2-Way Pager FM to FM Transmitter, with LCD Graphics Display

Remote Engine Start, Pre-Warm & Pre-Cool

Remote Boot Release

* Remote Keyless Entry

* Arm/Disarm, Silent Arm/Disarm

* Real-Time Instant Audio & Graphic Alert, of Car Status, Arm,

Disarm, Engine Start, Door/ Bonnet/ Boot Open, Impact, Violations

* Remote Panic, If attacked when approaching or in the car

* LCD Graphics Display, for Real-Use functions,

like Turbo, IG Lock, etc (total 13 Icons, easy to Use)

Super Bright LED, Blue Arming Indicator

* Engine Running Time, Programmable from 1 to 30 min

* Dome Light Supervision

* Timer Display, Parking Meter / Driving

* Anti-Scan Technology

Operation Error Alert, Through LCD Remote

* Low Battery Alert

* LCD Back Lighting

* Real Time Clock, Digital

* Anti-Carjacking, allows you to stop the car via remote

* Defroster Operation

* Control Up To Four Vehicles, From One Remote.

* Control One Car, From Up To Four Remotes

* Car Locator, Helps you find your car in a car park

This is what you get,

The Complete Kit ready to install.

1. Back-Up Remote as spare

2. Control Unit

3. LCD Remote Transmitter

4. All Wire Harnesses ready to Install.

5. 125dB Loud Siren

6. Double Stage Shock Sensor Kit

7. Hood Pin Kit

8. Super Bright Blue Arming LED

9. Compact FM to FM Antenna

10. AAA Battery for Remote

11. Immobiliser Relay Included

12. User guide, Installation Manual & Manual Transmission Instruction

13. A bundle of Wire Ties

and depending on which autowatch unit you are looking it it will conform to aust stds. the mannix item I have seen branded under 3-4 names and have fitted several. work fine for the intended application. autowatch would be my pick.

yep, I got an Autowatch system installed a few weeks ago. The installer will give you a certificate to say that it complies... for your insurance agency.

I got the 2nd from the top alarm/immobiliser. It's pretty good, except the installer was having some issues with the remote distance. (A case of positioning the transmit wire a bit better).

Cost me $550, http://www.autowatch.com.au/product.asp 446Premium, with the 4-button remote. Other brands had big, ugly remotes... this one has a built-in turbo timer, "car finder" feature, and I had the guy put a solenoid in the boot so the dual-stage unlock will pop the boot for me. (very handy when you're coming back to the car with a bunch of shopping)

The guy who did it for me is from "Security In Motion", but just call Autowatch if you're interested, and ask for a local installer to you.